(Poll) This Animator's "Schizophrenia Simulations" Are Designed To Show What His Life With The Disorder Is Really Like, And It's Incredibly Eye-Opening

Over 11.2 million people have viewed this POV-style video, and it’s just one of many in filmmaker Christopher Gilbert Grant’s simulation series to go viral and depict his experience with schizophrenia for tens of millions across the internet.

Do you see visuals like that?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

So how many people here see visuals like that? For curiosity sake

2 Likes

I’ve just changed it to a poll to answer that.

2 Likes

Kind of sort of. I answered “no” to the poll. The way they are overlayed over reality is the way I see some of my hallucinations

2 Likes

The closest I had to the overlay type was these strange glowing orb balls. They were purple and green and blue and red. And mini tornados going around the living room in the same colors.

I thought it was ‘god’ showing me special powers at the time

2 Likes

Nothing like that

2 Likes

Ceiling and walls will breath, floor will slide like running water, tv and phone will grow and shrink.

I don’t see cartoon figures, but I do see people and faces that are life like.

Shadow people too.

Voices are fairly similar.

I see some common threads.

1 Like

Never seen anything like that. Mostly things like balls of light or little shadowy scurrying things that look like rats or sometimes spiders.

1 Like

The floaty stuff is pretty similar.

1 Like

I get the growing and shrinking objects still. I’ve kinda just accepted that as glitches of life lol
I used to see Cars and they looked like little hot wheels Cars it was bizarre

1 Like

The computer screen looks similar to me. I wouldn’t see animated characters, but I would see real people figures with distorted faces

3 Likes

Something about this irks me. I dunno if I’m wrong but I just feel like it’s just another person exploiting mental illness stuff for views? Like I said my viewpoint could be wrong cuz I’m a bit anti social media especially tiktok

Does it do us good to have the world know what we could be seeing, hearing at any given time? Is it exaggerated or accurate?

Or is it better to keep it a little more behind the scenes?

1 Like