Poll: Stranger or Friend invite to forum

If you get to know your friend has sz would you refer him first or a stranger ? :thinking: or dont talk about this site outside.

• Friend.
  • Stranger.
  • I keep it for self.

0 voters

1 Like

I would think I would refer a friend here first. Although, I would likely refer either if I knew they had sz.

2 Likes

I thought about it and still thinking, i think i will keep it for self. I know it doesnt sound good, :pensive: but this is what i would do.

3 Likes

This site is anonymous. I told the mental health workers about this site. They didn’t know about this site, but they could tell clients who might be interested. I told a friend about this site, but we are not friends anymore. I am glad he didn’t register when i told him at the time.

3 Likes

Not each person can aceept schizophrenic label.

And I have bad habit of trying to help people when they didn’t ask for it.

2 Likes

I talk about this site to family. I even mentioned it to a cousin who has sz too. They all don’t check. They’re just not that interested
I guess this site is not for everyone, but I like it here (most of the time).

2 Likes

If I talk about it to my family, they would convince me to keep myself out of it.
If I talked about it to anyone in my country, rumours would spread.
If I talked about it to my friends abroad, they would actually encourage me to stay on it.

So it’s mixed answers I guess.

1 Like

Other than my father and brother no one knows that I frequent this forum.

My doctor and therapist know that I use a mi forum but I don’t give them details.

This place is kind of my secret.

1 Like

I talk about this site a lot to certain people. My therapist thinks it is a great place based on what I’ve told her.

In general, all of you are supportive and kind with a lot of experience to share with any sz or sza person coming here. I’d feel comfortable inviting friend or stranger.

1 Like