Poll: Stereotyped thinking or rumination

I’ve just realised that I think of the same themes over and over again. I’m not even sure what to call it. Sterotyped thinking? Rumination?

Do you suffer from this?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I don’t suffer now but I have in the past. I used to call them obsessive thoughts

1 Like

Any obsessive or delusional ideas I have/had, I have a hard time thinking of much else.

1 Like

I had really bad rumination and stereotyped thinking after my psychotic break in 2014. Even after the paranoia had gone, it seemed like I was left with this broken brain that was stuck in one mode without the seemingly unlimited myriad of thoughts I’d been thinking my whole life. Now I just had the same thoughts over and over again. Risperidone helped start to move my thoughts forward again, but my mind eventually caught up. I feel like a dummy most of the time.

2 Likes

I suffer from obsessive thoughts due to my OCD

2 Likes

Yep, often it’s total nonsense thoughts, too. Sometimes even weird thoughts as though they were lines from a book just repeating. I cycle through probably the same sets of thoughts daily.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.