• sad
  • worried, anxious or panicked
  • tired
  • a lack of self-confidence
  • frustrated or irritated
  • angry
  • not interested in things

Or you might notice you start:

• withdrawing from your usual activities, particularly ones you used to enjoy or value
  • spending less time with those you care about
  • having trouble sleeping

Do you have a few of these symptoms?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I feel/have all of this. I don’t know how to discuss with the pdoc on Tuesday as he probably won’t believe me.

1 Like

I take boatloads of effexor. It makes me maintain a level. It’s not happy…but it certainly isn’t sad. My down is seriously south and I just like to be a level.

Took me a long time to get that right. Went through a lot of meds and even went off effexor because I thought I could do better. Dumb move. Took me twice as much to get there again but that is life with sz.

I don’t really get sad but I really don’t get too happy. It’s middle of the road but I’d take that every day over sadness!

I just spoke to the mental health line. I think I need to be on something to combat this. It has been going on for months and I am worn down.

Like you say the trade off of taking these meds is worth it to feel better.

2 Likes

Does feeling worthless quite a lot of the time count,as opposed to feeling obviously depressed?

I used to always have all of those virtually

it helped SO much going on antidepressants
My anxiety left me, my lack of joy, lack of interest etc and feeling actually happy

i never ever wanted to go on what is sometimes called ‘a cocktail of medication’
schizophrenic denial and stigma and pride

1 Like

No, I am in a very good mood

ahhh, why do you feel he won’t believe you?

I have brought this up before but he didn’t seem to take much notice.

I guess I need to be very straight forward with him and tell him that if he can prescribe something to help he needs to do it.

1 Like

Do you suffer from mania ever?

Not sure don’t really know what it is.

Google says mental illness marked by periods of great excitement or euphoria, delusions, and overactivity.

I am not very active, I don’t get excited and rarely experience euphoria.

1 Like

I think feeling worthless has a lot to do with it. I feel it all the time.

1 Like

I don’t see any reason why your doctor can’t put you on an anti-depressant.

I will have to have this discussion with him as I have not been feeling well for months now, but the AP seems to be working somewhat on Sz symptoms.

Just been full of stress and anxiety and depression I think might explain a lot.

I am mainly anxious about committing suicide.

1 Like

I’m so sorry you are dealing with those thoughts and feelings. I struggle with suicidality myself and take Rexulti for it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.