Poll: Showering/taking a bath

I have a hard time motivating myself to shower. Now I make a point only to shower when it is time to clean my dreads, or if i am going to see my bf. I have almost no motivation at all to shower, it feels like torture. How do I help this?

1 Like

i dont mind it but its hard to shower regulary even shaving and getting a haircut is difficult :frowning:

i want to get the bubble machine tho for the bath so it can be like a jacuzzi lol

1 Like

I shower a couple times a week. Not much, but hey, itā€™s better than not showering at all !! hahaā€¦my girlfriend is very understanding about it, but I think it bothers her. she showers every morning.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m trying to figure out too. The only thing I think that might help is just forcing myself to do it everyday and then it becomes less of a problem because Iā€™ll think about it less if it eventually becomes a habit. The thought of that fills me with stress though.

Edit: itā€™s like it has to be daily or not at all, if that makes sense.

1 Like

I try to shower once a day but itā€™s usually every other day. Lack of drive I presumeā€¦

When I was living in thailand a couple years ago my thai gf would wash me :slight_smile: dahhh those were the king life daysā€¦

1 Like

I feel I need to apologies to some of the cashiers that I get close enough to insult them with my bad orders especially when I was drinking and smoking as well. Iā€™m very sorry that I just didnā€™t seem to care or notice that this really occurred to anyone that I might have offended that way.

I try to wash everyday but sometimes I just shower twice a week. My partner for some reason hates showers but sheā€™s also real busy with balancing work and her family time since they take up most of her time.

1 Like

I said I donā€™t mind it, but there are times I detest the thought and forego it for a day and there are times I get in a nice warm shower and love that feeling. So I guess I chose the most applicable medium for myself. Donā€™t mind it (most of the time)

1 Like

when I was young and living in a group home, I rarely showeredā€¦and I smoked. One day I was in my dadā€™s car and suddenly got a whiff of myself. I said ā€œI STINK!ā€ and my dad said ā€œoh Yeah??ā€ and then I knew it was really obvious to everyone else but me. When I got to my parentsā€™ house I took a shower and told them to burn my clothes. LOL.
Since then I am not as bad as thatā€¦but I do go up to three days without showering. I no longer smoke so thatā€™s one good thing. If I have to go out anywhere I will only go every other day without a shower. I hate the feel of the water stabbing me also. I also hate being cold and naked. I hate the feeling of vulnerabilityā€¦but I do like the fact that my hair looks better and I know I smell better after a shower.

1 Like