Poll: online banking

Do you bank only online with a bank that doesn’t have any local branches?

• Yes
  • No
  • Both local and non-local
  • Don’t have a bank account
  • Other

0 voters

1 Like

I’m with a bank in Utah that gives you your direct deposit up to two days early. That’s so I can pay my rent on the 1st or 2nd as my check goes in on the 3rd of the month. I live in Arkansas.

My rent has to be paid by the 3rd of the month.

1 Like

I do online banking with 2 different banks. The difference is the ability of the credit cards that can be used to make NFC (Near Field Communication) transaction with my Samsung Galaxy 4 smartwatch. One bank credit card has this feature while the other does not.

3 Likes

Thanks @yinyang. I find I can make do without a branch in town. I can deposit checks with my phone, and I get change out of a bill changer machine at the bus station. I don’t have a car so it is a hassle going to the bank anyhow.

1 Like

Due to advances, security and implementation of technology namely the Internet & smartphones as well as smartwatches the conventional methods of doing banking will change or become obsolete.

1 Like

My bank closed most branches locally

Have to go into the town now if I need to

Maybe go twice a year?

Everything I do is pretty much on my app on my phone

1 Like

my bank’s branches are in oklahoma, texas, and mexico…so it’s a pretty big bank…i don’t pay online with my bank…just check daily balances.

1 Like

I prefer banks that have physical offices. Sometimes you need to go in person (for a safe, a mortgage, financial advice, life insurance,…).

That being said I do most of my business in The app on my iPhone.

1 Like

I do online banking but the majority of the time it’s just checking my daily balance. I have an ATM 5 minutes from my house I go to about once a month. The nearest branch is in the next town over about 25 minutes away. The only time I seem to go there is about once every year and a half or two years to replace a lost debit card. I don’t do a lot of banking; I write about two checks a month and about once a year I do a balance transfer online. All my bills except my rent and my medicaid premium are automatically deducted from my checking account.

1 Like

I’m growing very disenchanted with my bank. I hate them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.