Poll on how many of you have tried a partial antagonist (Abilify, rexulti, Vraylar)

On Abilify, I was very paranoid. About every tenth thought I had was a paranoid thought. Very intense torture. I remember it had me on the phone, in tears to my nurse.

1 Like

I am on abilify maintena this drug I feel has ruined my brain. I cannot be creative or artistic anymore and I’m extremely forgetful on it I’m also suffering from anadohnia no motivation to do anything anymore

I also get fleeting anxiety from it and am slower

idk if my current med is a partial antagonist, hell i dont even know what that means lol

its ok i looked it up, my med is a highly selective d2/d3 antagonist, atypical ap, but i tried abilify once and i went crazy so there is that too

I took Abilify 6 years ago for a very short period of time. Like, days. It made me suicidal, and the doc at the mental health center said that I can never take Abilify again. Fine by me…not only was I suicidal, but I had akathisia.

1 Like

I had a complete melt down i tried it for a month

What dose are you on?

I’m on 300ml I’m quite a sensitive person with medications.

I’m in clopixol and Abilify
They added Abilify about 3 years ago

Clopixol took me out of psychosis since 15 years ago in a way that sedated me for days at a time, after depots
And recently with twice daily meds, less so

It’s been a real trade off
Being well

1 Like

I had high hopes to ability in 2003. I took it width cliopixol depo. It worsened my condition so much. I heard lots of voices while on it. So I quit using it. Now I am reluctant to try a dopamine stabilization again. I’ve got lots of negatives that I would like gotten treated but I have to wait for an antipsychotic that works in other ways than dopamine agonists.

Hi @columbus

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Volunteer Moderator

1 Like