Poll on anxiety

On a daily basis what percent of the time are you dealing with anxiety?

• 100% I’m paralyzed by it
  • 75% It’s hard to think of anything else
  • 50% It comes and goes
  • 25% I got this handled
  • less than 25% it’s really not an issue for me

0 voters

1 Like

I’ve pretty much got it handled due to copious amounts of L-theanine !

3 Likes

I put 75% because I’m not totally paralyzed except for in a few areas, but it definitely haunts me all day.

2 Likes

I put 50% sometimes I surprise myself and do really well, then there’s those days where I can’t function. I’m still learning about cognitive distortions and how they lead me down the path of anxiousness. At this point I can sometimes catch my thoughts and reframe what I’m thinking so the anxiety is less. It’s pretty cool. I can’t wait to get better at it. Practice makes perfect.

1 Like

I use medication to help me with anxiety, I also have a diagnosis of avoidant personality disorder. It is not so much I have anxiety in social situations, it is more that I don’t enjoy them, also I don’t like small talk about what I have been doing.

1 Like

It varies-50-75%

1 Like

What do you say if like me you go on the internet,watch tv,eat,sleep and drink and not much else? That’s the question I dread -"What have you been doing ? "

2 Likes

Or, “What do you do in a typical day?” I dread those.

1 Like

@Simonw and @firemonkey when I get questioned about what I’m doing I usually say I’ve “been enjoying some down time” then steer the conversation back to the other person’s activities. I find most people are more than happy to talk about themselves rather than me.

1 Like

Perhaps I should say I’ve been doing this.

1 Like

but what will they think of you hunting the tigers, aren’t they endangered? Plus as the song says they bite and scratch.

I’m somewhere between 5% and 95% depending on the day. Most days, when I’m home and don’t have to go anywhere, I don’t have much anxiety. But if I have to go outside for any reason it jumps way up.

1 Like

Yes the thought of getting tiger scratch fever or ending up as its main course would put me off a bit.

1 Like

I am anxious most of the time but at varying degrees

1 Like

less of 25% but it is simply because I’m always at home doing nothing…

2 Likes

My anxiety seems to mostly come up when I am working. I just think “maybe this will just get worse” and can’t get out… But otherwise no social anxiety or general anxiety luckily. Kinda a bitch but I’m “working on it” by trying to go to work anyways.

1 Like

50% Some days are really bad and others are okay.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.