Poll: if you get SSDI or SSI social security, how long did it take for you to get approved for benefits?

Poll: if you get SSDI or SSI social security, how long did it take for you to get approved for benefits?

• up to six months
  • up to a year
  • up to two years
  • up to three years
  • up to four years
  • up to five years
  • more than five years

0 voters

Less than 3 months. But I went off it last year.

It took me a few years and lots of stress because I kept getting denied because my mum who refused my schizophrenia diagnosis forded me to apply as Aspergers .

Despite that I have had schizophrenia symptoms severely know I have it and over seven psychiatrist have diagnosed me with schizophrenia.

I finally applied without her when she went back to Sweden and then I finally got it.
My x boyfriend helped me.
I miss him and the dogs.
It was the most loving peaceful home I ever had but we didn’t have sex really and he wouldn’t let me go vegan and my horse needed a better paddock.

I am so grateful to have it.

It was awful getting denied and the beauracracy I needed help with.

I just got ssi after 10 months.

Been over a year and counting. My hearing was supposed be last month but covid pushed it back.

four months for me

I think it took me 5 or 6 months

It took me three months. It took my son three months too. I’m on SSD. My son was on SSI.

I didn’t get SSI until I was in a long-term hospital.

I got SSDI after a couple months. I was on state disability for 10 months first though.

Less than 3 months.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.