Poll: How would you classify yourself as having, Schiz./SchizAffect, Etc?

How would you classify yourself, if you had to? If more than one diagnosis, choose “Both”.

• Diagnosed with Schizophrenia (Sz) or Schizo-affective (SA)
  • Probably Diagnosable with Schizophrenia or Schizo-affective (but no formal diagnosis)
  • Other psychosis or other disorder (e.g. bipolar disorder, etc.)
  • Both Sz/SA AND bipolar or other psychosis

0 voters

SZ + Aspergers. Yay

1 Like

SZA and bipolar

Sza and bipolar

That’s a tricky one but I would say ,using the DSM as my guideline,- Other Specified Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorder ( attenuated psychotic symptoms) which replaces psychosis nos http://psychcentral.com/disorders/other-specified-schizophrenia-spectrum-and-other-psychotic-disorder/ general anxiety,
avoidant PD/social phobia and also non verbal learning disorder (not in dsm, recognised more by neuropsychologists than psychologists/) or aspergers(less likely but in dsm).

As everyone knows from my posts the diagnosis/psychosis question is very much up in the air with me. Hence why I found this question tricky.

Doctor diagnosed me with schizophrenia. I didnt vote because i dont know what schizo affective is.

Schizophrenia symptoms with mood element, either mania depression or both

1 Like

I voted the first option but I probably have undiagnosed bipolar as well.

SA and bi polar, ocd, adhd, depression, and “anger” problems

My dad has anger problems. I’m surprised they haven’t made a name or disorder for that yet.

1 Like
3 Likes

Yep, sounds like my dad dead on.

psychosis trips noting more

Is it true they don’t say “paranoid schizophrenia” as a diagnosis anymore? I heard it just got dropped to “schizophrenia”.

Yes this holds for those who go by the DSM V:

The DSM-IV subtypes of schizophrenia (i.e., paranoid, disorganized, catatonic, undifferentiated, and residual types) are eliminated due to their limited diagnostic stability, low reliability, and poor validity. These subtypes also have not been shown to exhibit distinctive patterns of treatment response or lon-gitudinal course. Instead, a dimensional approach to rating severity for the core symptoms of schizo-phrenia is included in Section III to capture the important heterogeneity in symptom type and severity expressed across individuals with psychotic disorders

@SzAdmin – maybe consider pinning this so everyone sees it?

I thought SZA was schizophrenia plus either depression or bipolar. So it doesn’t make sense to me to either have SZA or SZA and bipolar. Unless SZA means SZ and depression.

2 Likes

I’m wondering how many people we have here with straightforward bipolar disorder without psychotic features?

Or BP with psychotic features. I think that’s what I really have. And I think my mixed states are what lead to psychosis. My pdoc disagrees but meh.

1 Like

paranoid schizophrenia. fits perfectly for all the symptoms.