Poll: How Often Do You Shower?

so why can’t you just hire someone to update your shower or talk to your landlord? are there some sort of rules?!

There are rules about what you can do in a council property.

I’m gonna be honest here…3 times per month at most. I hate the shower. I don’t know why. I’m gross, I know.

Funny this same topic came up over lunch at work today. I work in a place with a lot of international scientists. Many of them don’t see a need for personal hygiene - so some of you are in with the brainy crowd!

that just sucks. sorry! I just never heard of a house without a shower. Maybe you can send a letter they could amend the rules?

I live on the 11th floor of a tower block.

so what, I used to live on the 13th floor once. maybe the building is really old? have you thought about moving somewhere else? I don’t know what my life would be without a shower :cold_sweat:

“I live in an apartment on the 99th floor of my block…”

(Just couldn’t resist. AND the lyrics are worth hearing for those who see and hear things.)

The only way I could cope with a move is if someone dealt with all the logistics (bank/phone/electric/gas/getting furniture and appliance set up etc) .

I think there are many shower extensions that would allow you to stand up. I spend a lot of time browsing design blogs and see them all over. I would have a tough time if I had to take a bath rather than a shower, so I really feel for you.

I think I may ask my youngest step daughter . She is far more practical than I am.

Every other day. I’m too lazy and depressed to do it everyday.

Every morning at home or at the local gym. Use shampoo, conditioner, and body wash and a netted sponge. Sometimes i blow dry my hair at the hair drying machines at the gym or air dry at home. Bought some hair fragrance that i like to use. Use Chanel 5 hair fragrance that i bought at a duty free shop or peach floral scent that i bought at the Face Shop.

I’m showering right now

1 Like

Dude. You’ll ruin your phone.

1 Like

My oral hygiene is spot-on. Always make sure to keep a clean mouth. My body hygiene is “balanced”, however. I don’t wash unless I feel a need - like they probably did in the old days.

It’s only a modern cultural thing to shower every single day of every year. Back in the old days they skipped days and did partial baths on the regular days - which is what I do.

I just think my hair looks horrible if I don’t shower everyday. I also put a lot of conditioner, moroccan oil etc :japanese_ogre:

2 Likes

Same here. The rest of me could get by but I’m too vain about my hair. Once a week olive oil treatment, too.

1 Like

i’m almost back to every other day. i had a period where i used wipes for months and just washed my bits, hair and pits but i thought gosh, what a palava just to get clean . i may aswell have a shower instead so tomorrow i will hop in the shower…can’t wait to get clean again :slight_smile: i’m not amazingly dirty right now but it;s that time of the month so i feel dirty, regardless.

2-3 times a day, morning, sometimes lunch, before bed. Always when I wake up and always when I go to sleep. I need to be clean, unfortunately I ran out of gas over the past weekend and had to have cold showers during winter here in australia. let’s just say I probably just got my most important parts clean during that period. (yes im a sook) But yeah I always shower multiple times a day. It’s actually one of those issues I haven’t had a problem with as a schizophrenic. I brush twice a day as well. Sometimes more.