Poll: How long would you wait to take a cure for your negative symptoms?

Lets say MIN-101 (Roluperidone) gets approved and basically cures your negative symptoms.

How long would you wait before you actually tried it.

• Would never try it
  • Straight away
  • Under a year
  • A few years

0 voters

1 Like

If it won’t kill me, as fast as I can get my hands on it.

3 Likes

That’s why I voted a few years. I don’t want to be a guinea pig.

I would trust my pdoc. If he deemed it safe I would try it. What’s the worst that could happen. I’m not afraid of dying. Maybe if it completely crippled me that would be the worst

1 Like

I voted straight away.
I’m desperate.

1 Like

A few years.
I’m doing pretty good and would rather not risk messing that up.
Also
Don’t know if lingering negative symptoms or just slightly lazy? :thinking:

2 Likes

As it seems to be safe (http://ir.minervaneurosciences.com/news-releases/news-release-details/minerva-neurosciences-announces-results-dose-escalation-study), immediately.

1 Like

If it comes out soon I will beg to go on it.

1 Like

Lumateperone is another one some of us have interest in, should we make a second thread for a similar poll? They both sound like promising medication.

3 Likes

I don’t understand how we can go from having cured overall symptomatology of any severe mental illness to “curing” the negative symptom dimension. There is currently no “cure” for the disease, though there are a few treatments. Finally, understanding what causes a symptom or dimension of symptoms, I think, would be the first step in even approaching a cure, if it is indeed possible to cure these diseases. Funding research would be the first step there…esp with rare chronic diseases like sz. So…its entirely possible that we don’t all struggle with the exact same issues. It should be noted that plenty of people respond differently to currently available therapies, and that is something you can see when you talk to people in a psych ward or in any gathering of ppl who sruggle from issues like ours.

1 Like

Probably ASAP. But I’m more into lumateperone because I have positives too. It should come out sooner too. I don’t think my negatives will be cured with min 101.

My insurance has to cover it. Medi-Cal still makes it a pain to get covered for vraylar. My other insurance doesn’t like the newer meds. So I may have to wait a few years until I get it for free. I can’t really afford $50/month while not working.

The way things are going, I may have to get a cheaper insurance.

The drug companies charge 1400 a month!

But I think it is worth staying out of the hospital and staying healthy.

1 Like

As a British person where you are not so proactive about choosing what medication you are on I couldn’t really answer the poll. Here it’s more a case of a pdoc saying he/she wants to try you on x medication, and you saying yes or no rather than you saying “I fancy trying x” .

1 Like

I’d have to wait til it gets covered by provincial government health care. That often takes a year or more. Ì couldn’t afford to pay for it.

1 Like

Just remember this is a monotherapy and most likely to not work so well if your taking something else for positives.

1 Like

It took me years but aggressive exercise helps me out heaps!

Yeah I’m older and positives probably aren’t as bad but I do get a little paranoid.

Negatives. I’ve found the more you put in with exercise brings great results!

It’s not on your list!

3 Likes

I’m fairly sure my negatives will go away with good diet and weight loss. “The Starch Solution” book seems promising, I eat well on it and lost 2 lbs after about a week. You don’t have to gorge on veggies for it either, they advocate a 70% starch diet which is more aligned with the types of food people evolved to eat for eons. 20% fruit and 10% veg are called for also.

The weight loss from carbs is because only about 1.4% is converted to fat, via “de novo lipogenesis”, a chemical process that burns 30% of the calories it converts, so theoretically if a person avoids excess fat and protein (which are easier to convert to body fat), he can stuff himself with starch and still lose weight. Many of the centagenarians follow similar diets.

1 Like

when will Roluperidone get approved if everything goes fine.

Meds scare me so never

It would be a very complicated step for me. I’m on a muscle relaxant so I have to make sure it doesn’t interfere with it.