Poll: How long since you started your current meds?

How long have you been on your current meds without any break (like going off them then back on them etc). I’m interested to see how long people can tolerate their meds without a break.

• Less than 3 months
  • 3-6 months
  • 6-9 months
  • 9-12 months
  • 1-2 years
  • 2-4 years
  • 4-6 years
  • More than 6 years

0 voters

In my case I’m just into my 7th year on my current medication. In some ways it has been good, but in others chronic problems stubbornly remain.

1 Like

Is that 7 years without a break?

I’ve been on my current AP’s for over ten years, but I had a break of about two days a year or two ago. I don’t know if that counts. I’ve been on Geodon and Seroquel for over ten years. I’ve also been on Wellbutrin for a long time.

1 Like

I’ve not taken a prolonged break but have been a week/2 weeks late for the depot several times.

1 Like

@crimby, are you on a depot too?

No. I was on a Haldol depot for a long time a long time ago, but I’ve been stable on oral Geodon and Seroquel for many years.

1 Like

I’ve been stable about six years on prolixin. not one break. I was taking something for mood stability but it had sexual side effects so I stopped that. I still have trouble with thought intrusion because I don’t take anything for it, but I’m relatively stable beside that.

1 Like

I started on my current meds 23 years ago.

1 Like

The main structure of my current meds… Seroquel and Latuda… about three years…

The doses… however… (NOW at 50 mg and 80 mg ) has only been about 6 months with Depakote added this past month.

1 Like

I have been in clopixol depot for 19 years and geodon for 10 years…

2 Likes

I’ve been on my current meds of Wellbutrin, Depakote, Lexapro, and Ativan (as needed) for most of 18 years with my longtime psychiatrist; I’m also currently on Abilify, but this came about after trying other ap’s. (Seemed that I’ve tried most of the newer ap’s as they came out but most made me too sleepy/tired.)

1 Like

It’s amazing to me that 50% if the people here have been on the same AP without a break for at least 4 years.

My pdoc says “If it ain’t broke, no need to fix it.” It sure took us a longgggg time to get my med regimen figured out.

1 Like