Poll: How Did You Find This Forum?

How Did You Find This Site?

• A general Google search
  • Another person told me about it
  • Other (explain)

0 voters

Thereā€™s lots of new faces here latelyā€¦just wondering how everybody found out about this place.

Google brought me here, but I answered ā€œother,ā€ since I was googling something else, wasnā€™t searching for a forum.

I was working out a tattoo design and was debating which color I wanted to use, so I googled what the color is of the schizophrenia awareness ribbon. I have schizoaffective disorder and already had a tattoo representing my struggles with the bipolar side of my MI. The ribbon color is silver, wouldnā€™t work for a tattoo, but I found something other than ribbon color in a thread on here. I think it was a thread of people talking about what animal could be a symbol for schizophrenia, something like that. This was in the fall of 2016.

1 Like

I googled some weird ass symptom I was experiencing and the first thing that came up was this site.

Another member here was having the exact same issue,

I felt Iā€™d found my people.

6 Likes

Was trying to see if others experienced same psychosis symptoms from Google search

Was googling about SZ when they told me I was definitely experiencing psychosis, and I found this place.

Actually, I was at a male go-go dancing site and one of the dancers said in his bio that he also ran a site called Schizophrenia.com.

So I thought Iā€™d check it out! And thatā€™s how I met SzAdmin!..while he was moonlighting at PumpThatRump.com! :wink:

2 Likes

It was suggested by a case manager. I was so new to computers that I didnā€™t even google yet. Gosh, how did I ever survive before googling entered my life?

2 Likes

I was looking for information about sz/APs and pregnancy and came across this site.

1 Like

Quite comforting. I still do.

Yes!!! Exactly that!! :heart::two_hearts:

2 Likes

It was a brand new internet back when I was Dxā€™d in 1996, it took me until 2004 before I stumbled upon this site just typing in that dreded word ā€œschizophrenia.ā€
I read about, ā€¦4 posts before I jumped in and joined, felt like I ā€˜came homeā€™ - found a place (finally) I belonged.

3 Likes