Poll: Have you ever lost touch with reality (psychosis)

No. I can’t lose what I never had.

2 Likes

Yes many times.

1 Like

This sounds like the psychosis I experience. It’s like that pretty much everyday, except I am mostly good at telling myself I am experiencing delusional thinking.

When I’m really bad I totally loose the plot, but that rarely happens anymore now I am medicated.

2 Likes

I just noticed I liked your post without thinking about it lol

1 Like

Aww haha, I find myself doing the same thing with @Noise

2 Likes

Noise likes a lot of my posts too.

2 Likes

@noise and you are both good friends to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely have. I think I lost touch a long time ago. :sweat:

1 Like

:muscle:t4: that’s cuz you’re awesome

1 Like

I thought I was surrounded by secret agents and undercover cops. I thought some of my friends had access to my laptop and phone. I also thought my neighbors were spying on me.

2 Likes

So it’s common to feel like someone is trying to kill you even a old friend or family member
Like posioning the air or somthing?

1 Like

For a few months, I thought almost everyone i know was wanting me dead, and even some people who didn’t really know me. I thought someone called a hit on me and went into isolation, and that cameras were everywhere, that people were bombarding me with radiation from across the street. Lots of weird stuff like echolocation to spy on me.

I’m glad that after being medicated I’m back to reality, for the most part, although the ghost of fear remains to haunt me a bit.

2 Likes

That was like me to a T accept it was posion and carbon monoxide thinking people are posioning my car or the air through my bedroom window

1 Like

I had the preoccupation with carbon monoxide leaks as well, and poison. It just never stopped snowballing until I sought help. I was genuinely concerned enough to tell the doctor that there were people after me.

1 Like

Yeah I curled up at home and thought my old friend Allen had a hit contract on me who am I kidding I still have some of these fears but I so have meds now

1 Like

I was consumed by my psychosis. No normal thought.

1 Like

I don’t know but I have beliefs and experiences (hallucinations mostly) every day that no one else has but it only gets bad when I can’t tell no one else has them. So I appear “eccentric” or “weird” but only have issues when it takes over and I get suicidal or aggressive or do things which goes beyond behaviors society is willing to tolerate (like walking down the middle of a busy road).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.