Poll : For the meat eaters

I’ll cry for days if I ever kill an animal.:no_good_man:t2:

3 Likes

Health reasons mostly, but also the other stuff (animal welfare and environmental concerns). Eating meat is not intrinsically wrong, but our generation is in unique position to make choices which were unavailable to our forebears.

6 Likes

What if those who don’t eat meat are unethical? It took our ancestors hard work to get us where we are. The unethical part is dishonoring their sacrifices. Some kid told me that at CC. It’s kinda stuck with me. I still do prefer that I was vegan.

1 Like

What sacrifices?

They stabbed animals so they could cook it and enjoy it?

1 Like

I think she means more how hard it was back then. Work was all done by hand, there was no such thing as a washing machine Etc

You’ve got to do what you’ve got to do

I think it’s nonsense.

I am an attempting vegan and no way do I believe that I dishonour our ancestors survival efforts.

It’s just that knowledge and such, changes with time and experience

Not saying it is bad to be omnivore if you want to be.

But I also think it is fine to be vegan if you want to be.

There’s no dishonour meant…

3 Likes

I really didn’t take it that way. I’m just saying that at that time, there were far fewer choices

2 Likes

I prefer fish and chicken.

2 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of meat. That said, I eat it because I don’t want to make 2 separate meals a day. But if I have to choose I go with chicken

3 Likes

after that dinner I made last night, I’m definitely going to have to go with chicken. It came out so good. And I made it with no salt so my ex could have some. I used a salt free seasoning, some onion powder, some garlic powder and put it in a skillet on medium heat in a little olive oil, covered it and cooked it 20 minutes each side. They were huge breasts. Then we sliced it and I served it with stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn and gravy. Really good and tender. We’re definitely having that again soon.

6 Likes

It sounds really good leaf.

2 Likes

my cajun food requires chicken and kielbasa mainly…I voted pork and then I realized I eat a lot more beef than pork…mainly burgers and steaks…

3 Likes

Turkey
I like turkey sausage better than pork sausage
Ground turkey is good baked with good seasonings
Chicken is good
I like beef burgers every now and then
Pulled pork and tri tip, are my favorite meats but I haven’t had either in over a year.

2 Likes

Shrimp is my favorite

3 Likes

I love chicken, but chicken is easy to screw up.
Beef can also be really good, and I’ve never said no to salmon.

But if I could choose something off that list, reindeer is really neat.

4 Likes

Chicken is very reliable. Beef is great too but I don’t like eating it all the time.

2 Likes

I like chicken and fish. Not big on red meat. Trying to have more vegetarian meals because it makes me feel better, but most of the things I like to cook are chicken dishes.

2 Likes

I just had salmon teriyaki with rice. It is pretty good. Depends on where you get it from though.

2 Likes

my first choice would be goat/lamb mutton and then chicken.

1 Like

I love halibut. Chicken is good too, so is bacon and hamburgers.

This poll should have an all of the above option.

2 Likes