*poll* Do you trust

The people at the front desk of Drs office with your business when they ask what your coming in for?

I usually always lie. I feel they aren’t bound to secrecy.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If it’s the basic type of appointment yes, but no details.

2 Likes

They never ask me until im in the private room

1 Like

I had to check with you guys maybe I’m just paranoid. I do live in a very small town though.

1 Like

You could say it’s a sick visit that most likely will/won’t require a procedure. If they press further say I’m sorry but I’m only comfortable telling the dr

2 Likes

I used to work in drs offices

1 Like

Are you in the US?

1 Like

Yes I am.

1 Like

Ok. You are protected by HIPAA. If they tell anyone anything about you at all they can get into very serious legal trouble

1 Like

Thanks that makes me feel better.

Last month at my pdoc appt my ex husbands wife came in w someone and I felt uncomfortable and worried. She’s a big name in my town.

1 Like

They can’t talk about you or your condition or visit in front of anyone without your permission by law

1 Like

Thanks so much.

I go back Friday I was worrying if I should go back. It’s the only one in my town.

1 Like

You’re protected. Very protected. If they let info about you leak, you would be a very rich woman and they’d be in deep legally

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.