• Typical
  • Atypical
  • Both
  • Supplements
  • Nothing
  • Combo of Atypicals, or Typicals, and Supplements

0 voters

1 Like

I took typical ap for few days…got suicidal…med induced…

1 Like

I have idea what I take. I just know it’s clozaril.

1 Like

Both. I get Abilify Maintena injections and take Haldol tablets.

@Loke, I think clozaril is a typical AP. It’s a pretty old one, if I’m not mistaken.

2 Likes

Clozaril is an atypical antipsychotic.

2 Likes

I am on generic prolixin…an old med but so good for me…I wouldn’t change meds for anything.

3 Likes

It’s atypical.151515151515

3mg Paliperidone, 2 mg Abilify, 6-8 grams Niacin, spaced out every 2-3 hours.

1 Like

Abilify and Haldol monthly shots now…they said no more orals to OD on.

1 Like

Only typicals for me. I can’t handle atypicals.

1 Like

I’m on fanapt currently. Tonight will be my first night at a therapeutic dose! I am happy with it so far. It causes me drowsiness but I take it at bed time and it doesnt last that long anyhow so it doesn’t really matter. Hasn’t caused me any other issues as of yet though I am carefully watching my weight as I have gained a few lbs recently (but I’ve also been eating total crap and stress eating a good amount, I’m modifiying my diet and hitting the gym again and if I keep gaining weight then I’ll let myself be suspicious).

I’m also on a low dose of seroquel for sleep. I’m a bit nervous on taking that and also being on fanapt but since it’s such a small dose I’m hoping it won’t be a problem. Idk if I should count that as 2 atypicals bc technically at low doses seroquel isn’t an AP, and is prescribed to people even w/o psychosis for sleep at times.

Glad to have started on atypicals. Found zyprexa works really well for me and been pretty stable for a long time!

1 Like

I take two atypicals, abilify and seroquel

1 Like

I take two atypical: Clozaril and Latuda.

1 Like

Two atypicals, amisulpride and olanzapine

1 Like

I am on atypical med seroquel and respridal…!!!

Its okay …!!! For me…!!! We need third generation atypical …!!! Effective for cognitive and negative symptoms…!!! Holy i am just day dreaming…!!!

3 Likes

are typical AP’s the new ones and atypical AP’s the old ones. IM not sure.

2 Likes

@karl

Old are typical and new are atypical like abilify respridal seroquel…

3 Likes

I’m exactly the opposite. I can’t handle the typicals, and the atypicals are just right for me. There was this guy when I was in the hospital that could take any amount of Stellazine, and it had no effect on him. Just a little bit of that ■■■■ put me down. I take Geodon and Seroquel.

2 Likes

I have no idea what I take all I know is aripitas is new generation and chlorpromazine is older generation

1 Like