Poll: Do you see/like nurse practitioners?

Do you see/like nurse practitioners?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Other

0 voters

I wasn’t happy with my doctor, so I went to a nurse practitioner I am really happy with. I have had better luck with them than doctors.

2 Likes

My pdoc is a psych nurse she’s really good and very helpful

2 Likes

Thanks szcat! 15

2 Likes

I was really having a hard time finding a PCP that I like who takes Medicare and is on a bus route. I’m really happy I found someone to see who’s good.

4 Likes

i only have my gp doc and pdoc

2 Likes

Thanks lekkerhondje. In some states in the USA, they allow Registered Nurses to mostly do what doctors do. They are called Nurse Practitioners. I’m really happy with them.

1 Like

it sounds good yea. we don’t have that here i think.

1 Like

My pdoc is actually a PA. She’s super nice, super caring, and pretty knowledgeable. Even if she doesn’t know something, she tells me that she will find out more info and get back to me. I’m really glad I found her.

PA = Physicians Assistant

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m not sure if they have Physicians Assistants here. It’s common to find NP’s. I’m in Arkansas.

1 Like

I have been to NPs and Pdocs. In my experience, the type of degree has no impact on the quality of care. There are good and bad practicioners in both fields.

5 Likes

Thanks ninjastar. You are probably right about that. Here there is a shortage of primary care doctors, so they can be selective in who they see. I’m usually turned down because of my Medicare insurance.

1 Like

I see a nurse practitioner as my primary care doctor. She is very thorough, and keeps track of all of my different health conditions, including my psych stuff. She also doesn’t rush. (Though sometimes she talks too much, and goes on and on about stuff I don’t care about!)

My Pdoc is an MD, and my therapist is a PsyD.

2 Likes

Thanks Pandy. Here my therapist is a licensed social worker with a Master’s Degree. My psychiatric clinic doesn’t have any PhD’s.

I only see my MD pdoc once in a blue moon.

1 Like

No, i don’t see one.
I don’t even know what’s its use.
I have only psychiatrist.

1 Like

Thanks Om_Sadasiva

1 Like

My best friend is a Nurse Practitioner.

I wouldn’t go to her simply because we grew up together and I know her a little too well.

But I’ve seen other NPs and they’re hit or miss.

Just like doctors, PAs and nurses.

2 Likes

Thanks dinoatzoo. For some reason the best care I have gotten has been from NP’s.

1 Like

gotta be lucky with healthcare i think…

1 Like

Thanks. It seems that way.

1 Like

Overall I’ve probably been happier with my nurses than my doctors. But some of them have been pretty unhelpful.

1 Like