Poll: do you eat organic

It differs by country. In the U.S., free range means the hens have access to the outdoors. How well that is enforced, though, is a good question.

The only way to be sure of how well the hens are treated is to buy eggs directly from someone local where you can see how they’re raised for yourself.

Unfortunately, I do not know anyone local who raises hens.

3 Likes

My sister raises hens and eats fresh eggs every day. They are now free range chickens.

2 Likes

I can’t afford to. Organic foods are more costly and have a shorter expiration date.

1 Like

I’m not worried about organic, but i do care about free range. I buy free range animal products whenever i can. Organic tends to be over priced, and there isn’t any real evidence that it is better for you. But it is a personal choice.

1 Like

Only if I’ve picked up an organic product by mistake.

3 Likes

If I am in the mood for being healthy

1 Like

Organic used pesticides here in US. Most people don’t know that. Plus fertilizer. It’s just what is certified what. You never know who is actually using good earth friendly ways of growing unless you visit the farm if they allow it. Look up some of the stuff sometime.

I eat what I can afford.

2 Likes

I have a box of organic fruits and vegetables delivered to my door every other week. I eat alot of salads with kale. The organic vegetables have turned around my physical health, and made me feel better.

1 Like

Well in an ideal world I’d grow loads of my own vegetables and fruit.
N buy organic everything.
Cos for a start it’s tastier.
Where I worked it was all organic fruits and veg and the apples were just amazingly nice.

1 Like

outdoor reared pork is a must

have any of you watched any of the videos about how farm animals are kept indoors / reared in barns?
if you really think you dont want to see i would urge you to consider how important it is since its what you are putting in your own body

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.