Poll: Did you ever mess with drugs

I tried crack once. It was fine. I did a lot of speed to produce more work when I was an artist like everyone else and it partially led to my first episode. After I got diagnosed with psychosis I gave up all drugs and I think that’s why I am able to function normally. My illness was very severe until I was properly medicated.

Iv never realy mest with drugs to much but I smoked alot of weed and that’s when my problems started with the parinioa but even before weed I was paranoid about the government then I was scared of scientology then now it’s the illuminati but my voices push that delusion which I try to let go but they wont let me

I’ve done all sorts of drugs even the research chem drugs my illness isn’t too severe but I’m not very high functioning

When I was in my late teens I started dating a pothead so I smoked all the time. It was ok. Then came mushrooms and X. X was the worst thing that ever happened to me. I got paranoia big time and thought that others could hear my thoughts. Turned me into a hot mess that I’m still dealing with to this day. I hate drugs.

3 Likes

I tried pot once in college and actually enjoyed it then I was stupid enough to take a tab of Mescaline at a frat party.
It completely messed up my life.
It triggered my psychosis.

■■■■ drugs

2 Likes

How do you do it. If I were just to quit those three I think I would recover tomorrow. I’m addicted to caffeine…seriously, smoke colts and drink occasionally.

I have never done drugs in my life, not even alcohol and tobacco. But that’s not to say that I’ve never been tempted before.

Before my illness, I hardly thought about doing drugs, mainly because of my religious beliefs. But after I started abilify, that all changed. Suddenly I was very eager to use mind-altering drugs. I was very impulsive on abilify, and that still hasn’t changed much even after discontinuing it. Luckily I never did it, but I was very close on multiple occasions. I guess I did overdose on Hydroxyzine, but that was more because of depression. I hope to keep it up and not to do drugs.

I used pot a couple times during highschool. I was more of a drinker until I got on my meds.

i used weed when i was 14-15, at 15 psychosis was triggered by it, i took a few other things around then but it was rare, i dont know if my illness is very severe as meds have reduced my hallucinations to almost nothing and i gained insight to delusions within a month or two of psychosis starting. i still struggle with some stuff (depression, some paranoia and anxiety) but when it comes to psychosis i am very stable

1 Like

Me too, it gave me weed addiction too. Stopped it and weed at the same time. Abilify made me hang out with bad ppl and trouble makers like drug addicts and fighting in clubs, it changed my personality for the worse. I would rather have no friends than having bad friends. Now on Risperdal I only hangout with family and visitors at home only.

1 Like

I mostly drank n smoked weed in high school - did shrooms and experimented with other drugs briefly ----- I dunno… I grew up since then

No, I smoked crack for four years.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.