Schizophrenia.com

Poll: Did/Do you like Elton John?

I saw Elton John in concert in the last 1970’s when I was in high school. I went on a date with an African American young woman who was in my class. I had a good time, but it was kinda a drag because her parents insisted on going with us.

• Yes I liked Elton John
  • No I didn’t like Elton John
  • Indifferent

0 voters

2 Likes

His music isn’t bad but I have heard that he can be kind of an prick. Don’t know if that’s true or not.

2 Likes

I really liked his music. I don’t know much about him personally.

Yes I like his music. Grew up listening to it because of my parents. Went to his fairwell concert back in 2020 before covid struck. Was a great performance.

1 Like

I’m glad you got to attend his farewell concert. I haven’t listened to music much since the 1980’s.

1 Like

He’s a seasoned performer. Sometimes their personalities suffer.

1 Like

Thanks chordy. I’ve been thinking about my teenage years lately.

1 Like

He’s talented but I don’t care for his personality.

1 Like

Thanks Wave 1515

1 Like

That wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

I was friends with the young woman I dated. She actually asked me if I would take her. I thought back then her parents went overboard keeping a eye on her. Nowadays I kinda think that was good that her parents cared about her.

I like the song Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting

1 Like

Thanks Joker. 1515

I like his music. His early 1970’s music that is.

Personally, I don’t like him or dislike him. He deserves to have an ego; he’s made some great music and been around a long time.

1 Like

I’d agree with @77nick77 . He’s written some great songs but didn’t he have a collaborator? Still. Some good music.

2 Likes

Bernie Taupin.,…,

3 Likes

Not my cup of tea at all. Once I even challenged his optometrist to a duel which he declined alleging he had to change his contact lenses. That’s the level of the guy.

1 Like

He and Bernie Taupin are an unbeatable writing team

1 Like

I never paid him that much attention. Maybe I’m missing out. I don’t know.

1 Like

My favourite of his.

3 Likes