Poll: Bloodtype

Which are you? (Anonymous poll)

• A
  • B
  • AB
  • O
  • Other

0 voters

No idea. How do I find out? They never tested me for it.

2 Likes

I used to know when I donated blood but now I forgot.

1 Like

Really? It’s actually very important to know in case you get involved in a accident or such which requires that you need blood. If you don’t get the right type of blood you could die.

In my country it says my bloodtype in my passport.

I don’t remember exactly how the bloodtype transfusion works, but I think type O can give blood to everybody, but can only receive from another O.

A can only give to other A’s, and B,s can only give to other B’s. I’m a little unsure about AB if they can receive from A and B, as well as AB.

3 Likes

I’ll ask my GP when I see her again. Nobody ever spoke to me about it.

1 Like

I have A- . I have a card that states that in my wallet if I ever get in an accident.

1 Like

5 Likes

You do realise that no matter what documentation you have on you regarding your blood type, it just gets ignored at the hospital. They take your blood to confirm your type before they give you a transfusion !

5 Likes

I guess that might be so. Sounds logical. Still it can be a good idea to know bloodtype if you are in a scenario where a hospital is too far away and ambulanceworkers have to deal on the spot, or if you have a rare bloodtype like rheseus which maybe not all hospitals carry.

1 Like

I was donating plasma to the plasma center, but then I had a false positive for hepatitus, and they wouldn’t let me donate plasma any more. It didn’t matter that I was not heip positive. Once you’re on the do not donate list you stay there no matter what. That really sucks, because the money I got from that could have been a nice little addition to my ssi check.

1 Like

I only discovered mine after donating blood. I’m A+.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m O-…I used to donate every 6 weeks cuz I could earn points for free stuff, but my iron levels got too low and I needed an iron infusion at the hospital. I miss donating, I kind of felt that I was doing something useful to society.

1 Like

Lol now you made me worried, I don’t know mine either. I guess if they found an ID on you if you were in an accident or you tell your name, they could call the hospital and they’d know it.

1 Like

Im o neg. 15151515

1 Like

I’m A positive. So when I was in the service we had our blood type on our helmets. Unfortunately that meant a had “A pos” on my head. No one missed the chance call out the Piece O ■■■■. In first squad. Lol kinda.

1 Like

I’m also a female with O Negative blood.

Did you have to get special shots when you decided to have a baby because of it?

2 Likes

Yes i did 1515151515

1 Like

I had to get the shots too.

1 Like

I’m O- too, what kind of shots? Not that I ever plan to get pregnant

2 Likes