Poll: Are you going to stay on your AP or switch at some point?

I’ve decided I’m going to stay on abilify forever. It’s working for me. It’s not perfect though , but I’ve decided not to mess with the status quo.

• Stick with my current AP
  • Might switch at some point
  • Will definetely switch

0 voters

3 Likes

I’m glad abilify works so well for you! I might switch from risperdal at some point; it helps me but it’s so sedating! :’(

1 Like

I like haldol. It’s got plenty of side effects, but since switching to half shot half oral it’s really helped. I’ll probably be on it forever.

1 Like

Invega is what’s working for me. I don’t want to try another AP

1 Like

@everhopeful

What if new effective medication comes.!!!

1 Like

I decided to stay on Amisupride for at least 10-20 years.

2 Likes

I’ll probably be on Clozaril for life, but I would like to switch off of Latuda because it’s very expensive.

1 Like

I’m on 120 mg of latuda and 1.5 mg of invega, and it seems to be working. I’ll probably stay on them for the time being

1 Like

If I need to go on AP again after I wean off, I was considering quetiapine. It has low EPS. However it has anticholinergic effects and I read on wikipedia that possible long term effects of this are dementia, diminished bowel movements, and double vision. I need to check with professionals if the anticholinergic effects are not significant enough with quetiapine cos this is otherwise not a good choice for me.

1 Like

I might end up switching, but every time I switch AP’s I end up back on Risperidone.

2 Likes

I’m staying on my AP’s for as long as they do the job.

1 Like

That’s me too.1515151515

1 Like

I will continue to take the same antipsychotics for the rest of my life. risperidon is tha man~~~!

2 Likes

I’ll stay on Abilify indefinitely (as tolerated) or until Nuplazid is approved in Canada (if and when). Then, I will give Nuplazid a try because of its nondopaminergic profile of action.

1 Like

The ones that work give my mega high prolactin so I keep having to change

PFL x

1 Like