Poll: 🐜 are smart?

• Yes
  • No
  • NA

0 voters

I just saw a line of ants walking towards a cookie I dropped, their track was arround a paper, when i moved the paper, all lost track and one ant from the cookie went back and informed something to the other ants in distress in matter of fraction of second all formed a new track to the cookie :cookie: :flushed:
Lol what an observations :rofl:

Hum unable to upload the photo :camera_flash: :crazy_face:

5 Likes

If you study nature it’s anything but inefficient! I’m amazed at nature and how animals of all kinds survive and prosper. The hive mind is impressive in itself…like small chemical signitures adapt behavoir.

6 Likes

Oh crap. I misread/misunderstood your poll. Are ants smart? was your question. I will vote.

Sorry, its late and I’m getting tired.

2 Likes

Take rest bowens I know, i am just always shocked to see you all the time here, you passion and dedication is off the chart.
I alway wonder why? Helping others in such an extend is something and going beyond is* another, and going extreme is a different story all together :heart:

*edit

3 Likes

You are awesome, how you know about hive mind ? I just had a book on hive intelligence while learning on Artifical intelligence but never read it though… I should start reading :books:

2 Likes

Haha. Like the ants were smarter than you? jk.

3 Likes

I don’t know. They seem very organised I’ll give them that.

3 Likes

Lol, i think i should make a poll am i or the ants :sweat_smile:

@Zoe i am so bumped up in a concrete jungle, when i see these or notice them, i wonder how beautiful is nature, now at present a crow is trying to talk to me, i am avoid as much as possible, wow it stopped, nope it started again :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Oh sorry to hear that :’(

Yea nature is beautiful especially minimally touched nature. Is refreshing

Did you mean to say you visited a jungle today

Confused

2 Likes

Thats fine voices just pop up some times.

I am at a place called Gods Own Country,

Yes you could resemble to it, as most of the features are present.

2 Likes

Death Spiral.

"When foraging for food, ants will follow pheromone scents left by the leader in order to maintain direction. However, on rare occurrences, the chemical trails may accidentally loop, causing what is known as a “ant death spiral” or “ant mill” with the insects caught in an constant cycle of trotting around a circle.

Unfortunately for the ants, entering the movement is almost certain death, as the individuals will pace until exhaustion, with the process even lasting days long while the victims slowly succumb and pile up."

3 Likes

I still voted yes, but sometimes it’s smarter to rebel.

2 Likes

I guess it depends on one’s definition of smart. They’re pretty instinctual, but I’m not sure they have great problem solving abilities. I voted yes, because they are great foragers, but I wouldn’t say they’re smart in the same way apes, pigs, or dolphins are.

2 Likes

Ants are smart enough to eat from the traps I set for them.

Viva no antes!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.