Poll: Abuse in childhood home

Did you experience abuse at home growing up?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I wouldnt say i was abused but my family expressed affection by fighting, bickering, and threatening. I remember several instances where i was hiding from my father while he was yelling at me and beating on my bedroom door.

3 Likes

My dad was a total a**hole.

But I wouldn’t say I was abused.

2 Likes

I voted yes.
As a neglected and abandoned child.
Not physical abuse in home but outside home.

1 Like

I never felt like it. But just a few years ago my sisters were saying how my mom used to scare them. They also said that my dad was sarcastic and how both my parents were too self centered and didn’t pay attention to us kids enough. IDK, I didn’t pick up on any of this while I was growing up, I was always out playing with my friends and having fun.

3 Likes

I used to fight my step dad all the time

1 Like

My father was a pedophile my whole childhood, and to all my siblings also. He was also a rageaholic, an undiagnosed, and unmedicated, MI person, and he was also physically and mentally abusive to us kids and our mom our whole lives. It only ended when he finally died of old age and Good Riddance!

3 Likes

I was severely neglected with my birth parents and rejected when I was 9 along with my sister who was 10. Then we went into foster care. I was more abused in foster care than with my parents. I was groomed by my foster dad and abused for awhile. I hated being 14-16. I tried to end it all when I was 15. Nearly successfully, I had bloodshot eyes and bruised face but didn’t die. My foster parents didn’t give a crap about the bruising. They only wanted the money and the abused continued.

Because of the early years neglect I now have attachment issues. I don’t let people get close to me, I can’t cope with rejection. I have never had a relationship and would never want one.

1 Like

My Dad screamed and hollered and could teach sailors a few new words but he was harmless. I miss him.

1 Like

Yes and no. My parents never abused me as a kid Other relatives weren’t always the greatest…

1 Like

I used to be the same. I’ve been receiving therapy for 39 years. At about 29 years, I started noticing I was becoming able to get close to people. Please don’t give up hope. It is possible to get better than you are now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.