Poets' Corner 🖋️

Ive never actually studied philosophy so im clueless about it. I agree tho, its about being wise for sure.

I think its a super cool subject, very critically intensive tho - something i struggle with :sweat_smile:

1 Like

3 Likes

Diogenes is my dawg

3 Likes

yes very cool… its very captivating. I heard an interesting quote today calling philosophy “The art of living” which i like.

1 Like

Who is your favourite philospher @ThePoet or what are your favourite philosophical statements

1 Like

diogenes would pee on your leg if he heard you say that :stuck_out_tongue: hahahaha

diogenes is an absolute savage looool

1 Like

What is the meaning of life? How did life begin? Was life intelligently designed?

1 Like
1 Like

hmm id say socrates. i like him because he seems to actually know a great deal about living a purposeful life and is about finding solutions, not just asking controversial questions. Its funny hes accused of being one who only asks questions and never actually supplies answers, but he asks real questions. Not neurotic ones like some people who are obsessed with doubt and think more doubt = more good. That’s not what philosophy is about at all in my books. Doubt is to be cast on areas where we genuinely are unsure. not to heap up endless difficult questions in a short span so that the answerer is because of human weakness unable to answer. Which unfortunately i feel is what a lot of “philosophy” is about today lol

Black is a nice colour but if you just smear black paint all over the canvas without measure you wont have much a picture youll just have a black canvas. Maybe someone needed to do that once in humanity but its simply become a cliche. lol sorry i sound like a grumpy old man :joy:

1 Like

hey dude awesome questions… just a note for all lets stay clear of explicit religious talk just to abide by the forum rules. Lets try to keep this thread open… mods if you do intervene i make a humble request that you simply delete any disallowed posts and not close the whole thread. Thanks everyone!

Are you guys aware of the Copernican Revolution?

i think perhaps the meaning of life is to live it well! What do you think?

Nah, i loved what you just wrote. Im actually quite intrigued and i love the idea that it should be solution orientated as per your feelings becuase i definitely feel the same.

Sick thread :sparkles: :ok_hand: :clap: :relieved: :raised_hands:

1 Like

yes i think ive heard of it? cepernican vs heliocentric ?

I think the meaning of life is to find the meaning of life lol

1 Like

or perhaps to find the meaning of life and do it :smiley:

1 Like

Copernican is heliocentric

1 Like

thanks dude! demolition is a useful tool in construction and especially in construction experimentation. But if we only demolish what we build not only in research but also in our lives i suspect well be needlessly out in the cold. Better to have a modestly strong house, then a pile of broken bricks and a grand idea imo

1 Like

oh sorry about that! would love to hear more about that

It was just harped on in intro to philosophy

1 Like