Poem: Thorny Stalk

Recovery is like the rose, on the thorny stalk of the survival Instinct.

If you can survive this, eventually the good in the situation will bloom

5 Likes

That is beautiful. We aĺl Hope for recovery.

1 Like

I still don’t know if I can survive the Thorny stalk. Being psychotic sucks these days…

1 Like

You can survive and recover, look at all you’ve been through already

1 Like

It is just Hard. To day I was with my social careworker and we were reading the notes from my pdoc and my other doctor because we areapplying for disability. That was very sad. Reading about how you are chronic ill and never will work again. But I will rewrite your poem in my diary if I May?

1 Like

I know that feeling very well. I was told that I was 50% disabled, most of it’s psychological. Kind of a punch to the guts

Of course, copy it in your Journal if you would like

1 Like

Yes, but when you broke your neck, you proved them wrong, when they said you would never walk again. I want to prove my pdoc wrong as well. I will get better and I will find a volunteer job once again.
Thank you, I wrote your poem about the lonely stars in ny journal as well.

1 Like

I guess you’re right, I did beat the odds. But I really pictured myself returning to work, at least part-time. And that all went to hell in a handbasket very quickly

I hope you do still keep getting better, and return to volunteer work or whatever you can handle. I want the same for myself

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.