Poem: Survivor

Ill-will has left a stain upon my Soul
What to do to Purify myself…?
Scream like a child?
Roar like the bull?
Tear myself to shreds, in some masochistic blood-letting?

I’m a Fool, not an idiot
Not a victim, but The Survivor
And somewhere in this Darkness, I know that a Light still shines

~ David ~

4 Likes

So there’s still Hope. Eventhough there’s darkness there’s also light.
But No I don’t know how to purify yourself

2 Likes

I believe there is always a light. I don’t know how to purify myself either, it might not be possible at this point LOL

2 Likes

Hmmm maybe we are beyond purifying (I don’t even know if that’s a word in english)

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s necessary to be pure, but just good enough is enough

2 Likes

Yes good enough is enough.

1 Like

Maybe there’s a light that doesn’t literally look like light, like I can still read even though I feel void of light, deprived of life and love, I think I just need someone to hang with, maybe watch a movie on TV.

2 Likes

I know that the light can seem like a pinprick at times. Is there not somewhere you could meet friends to hang out with?

There is a place mentally ill people go a clubhouse but I think it has been closed since the pandemic and I’m on a waiting list for in person group therapy and I’m going to start going to in person appointments for therapy and pdoc real soon. I’ll look into the clubhouse soon, I could bring my guitar, it could make me popular, let people play with it, I don’t mind, it’s only a $200 nylon stringed guitar. But I have put a lot of energy into it.

2 Likes

That sounds awesome, I hope you can reconnect with the clubhouse. Guitar always brings people together

1 Like

Nice! I particularly like the last line. It brings it all together.

2 Likes

Cragger, are you in England? It’s so early here, a little after 5 a.m.! I slept 6 hours last night.

1 Like

Thanks @crimby yeah, I like the last line too

@Jinx no I am in Canada. I had a nap yesterday, and it just screwed my sleep up so I’ve been up all night

2 Likes

@Cragger how long is your guitar practice and how often? I practice guitar thirty minutes a day and now I’m adding 30 minutes of mandolin practice a day. Days I’m tired I’ll practice mandolin 12 minutes.

Sweet, I’ve got a mandolin but I never use it. I really should pick it up. My buddy Bob has really gotten quite good

I only practice 40 minutes each day. I should be playing 2 hours a day, I used to do 6 in my heyday

How is the mandolin coming?

When I got my first mandolin I couldn’t tune it because I didn’t know the tuners now have a assortment of instruments you set it for my digital tuner is from 1992 funky and big I’ll keep maybe Hollywood can use it some day in a movie. When I finally tuned my second mandolin right and played a chord I was like, " now that is musical!"

1 Like

Mandolin is a beautiful sounding instrument. I use it in a lot of my songs now.

I know the mandolin tuning and cording is quite different from a guitar.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.