but my fate was different
instead of East, I went to West and traveled there
visited many nations and states in the Western world
only to return back where I started my journey
was I lost somehow, maybe or maybe not
but these nights have come back
the warm Odessa nights
the warm wind from the Black Sea
it is like a new romance with new people.

4 Likes

You should read a lot of poetry in order to write good poems.

I do not read any poems, this poem came to my mind when I rode my bicycle today.

1 Like

A long time has passed. When I studied in Michigan at one business school in 1989 I wrote a research paper about the Soviet Union’s economic changes and transformations. I had a few contacts such as the Chairman of the first McDonalds in Moscow. The paper was quite good and the professor bought me a book ‘Competitive Advantage of Nations’ by Michael Porter. But then many years passed and I lived in the USA without really using this research paper until 1999 when the world started changing again. Russia’s economy was on its bottom and they needed some new help to recover from the years of ‘the economic chaos’ and it all started then. I hope that my research helped somebody.

OMG! OH MY GOD. I totally liked those poems + I studeied in Michigan too in Henry Ford community college. And wait for it, I write poems as well and sing them in college

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.