Pocket friends

I found this online, and it describes my feelings for the forum perfectly.

I think a fundamental part of online friendships that people ‘outside’ fail to understand is how comforting it is to have friends right there in your pocket who will keep you company in good times and bad, listen to your rants, let you vent, be supportive whilst offering outsider perspective…

• Need to be alone but need support too? Pocket friends.
  • Something awful just happened and there’s nobody around for you to tell? Pocket friends.
  • Need to let your feelings out but don’t want people to see you ugly-cry? Pocket friends.

Keep being amazing, pocket friends. You couldn’t possibly imagine how important you are.

19 Likes

My friend who’s schizoaffective and on clozaril is just like this to me. Except hes a real life friend. Of course this board is like that too but I appreciate him greatly. We hang out pretty much daily. I shared with him some sheettt today.

1 Like

It is true!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get on here with my laptop, so you guys are lap friends. **pats on head

3 Likes

Now if only I could email a hug lol

2 Likes

@metime it is preferable to use gender neutral language,
like fellows instead of guys.

Really?

Come on, @Chess24!

Also,

I agree, “Pocket Friends” is an accurate description!

1 Like

@Chess24

Alright y’all!

2 Likes

@Chess24, in America, guys is considered a gender neutral term. It is common to refer to any group of people as guys regardless of their genders.

5 Likes

Thanks for being my pocket friends too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Shout out to @anon20613941 my pocket brother from another mother!

6 Likes

Big up to @anon84763962 - my sister from another mister!

4 Likes

That’s a perfect description :slight_smile:

1 Like
5 Likes

A great feel-good post ninjastar! I feel the same about this forum. It would be nice to talk face2face or hear member’s voices sometimes, but I guess this is better than nothing. Pocket friends…yeah, I like that term. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like