Please Watch - The Most Detrimental Element of Most of our Society

It’s the BIGGEST detriment in society at large and especially in my family (and just as prominent and yet unspoken of and unaware of in families almost everywhere) and it’s that of AVOIDING feelings and what the cost becomes.

I was accused of being uncaring when my dog died by my twin brother and it had me pretty peeved. He seems unaware that just because I didn’t show much emotion that I just didn’t care.

I care and feel SO much more than he could ever care to realize. If I didn’t I wouldn’t have tried (with some feeling of futility about it) to research what could be done to help my dog who had a enlarged heart to feel better and possibly recover. I knew from how bad it progressed and the fact that they wanted to put him down that it wasn’t likely going to get better regardless.

But to accuse me of not caring while I was the one taking him out almost every day by carrying his heavy body with his bloated stomach down a flight of stairs so he could pee and enjoy the sun. I was the one who was crying every day and pretty much treated like I’m just ‘sick with some illness’.

Edit: didn’t mean to post this so quickly. Stupid phone. Pressed wrong button.

Anyway, in general our society treats feelings from sadness and such as gross or annoying.

If I bottle up my emotions what happens is I become extremely unfeeling and numb. Then, thoughts start to take over – you know the thing that gets called a symptom of depression stems from this.

Uh. Forgot what else I was going to say. The premature post ruined my mood.

But in general our society tends to push people away for being emotional in so many ways… It’s the only way I find relief is by allowing feelings. I just don’t talk about them at present because not many people around me tend to relate too well.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.