Schizophrenia.com

Please some1 tell me about a med interaction?

Can I take trazadone with depakote and invega sustenna? My therapist won’t get back to me. Thanks

1 Like

Hi. İ m using invega also. İ had been used prozac with this medicine without problem.but i don t know other medicines.it may happen but its really unlikely i think. Take care…

1 Like

Trazodone is a sleeping med. It’s really strong. I used to only take about 50mg and it would knock me out for hours. I have some left over from when I used to take it

There is no invega on this list.

Using traZODone together with paliperidone can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious and potentially life-threatening, although it is a rare side effect. You may be more susceptible if you have a heart condition called congenital long QT syndrome, other cardiac diseases, conduction abnormalities, or electrolyte disturbances (for example, magnesium or potassium loss due to severe or prolonged diarrhea or vomiting).

No I already take depakote with invega… I’m wondering if I can take the trazodone. I’ve been up over 24 hrs.

I also have a bottle of zyprexa I didn’t even touch from when I was on that too. The aluminum seal is still on it.

Zyprexa made me tired within 20mins

I dunno if it’s commonly prescribed together. I don’t want to take something life threatening.

Have you tried clonazepam for sleep? I take 0.25mg or 0.5mg for sleep

1 Like

Google medication interaction checker, and then enter the meds you’ve been prescribed. It’ll tell you any interactions that may occur. But, drs can still prescribe them together. I take multiple drugs with interactions. I just keep an eye on it.

1 Like

Clonazepam makes my memory awful, and I was getting severely depressed. I shouldn’t take it every day cause it causes brain damage. I want off it. So I stopped taking it Saturday night. There’s better alternatives

at my place I can do a walk in and get med prescribed. If they don’t respond by phone maybe there’s another one that can do it for you.

1 Like

I’ll go later. I think I’m going to take the zyprexa though if I don’t. I checked out the interaction

2 Likes

be careful with trazodone, combined with certain aps it can increase risk of an abnormal heart rhythm which is no fun i took it when i was on geodon and my heart started beating the fastest it ever has in my life to the point where it was painful and i fainted and everytime i tried to get back up it happened again like 3 or 4 times in a row i thought i was going to die, its not common to have that interaction especially if ur on invega it is a lot less likely to happen compared to geodon but now im on invega i still wouldnt risk it because of my past experience so be careful

2 Likes

I’ve read people taking seroquel with this combination which had moderate side effects. Doctor took my sleep aid seroquel away cause he thought it could be life threatening.

1 Like

@Winterblues let me know what you get cause I think I want to quit using clonazepam too. All sleep aids I have read about so far from drugs.com have some kind of med interaction

1 Like

DONT MIX MEDS WITHOUT DOCTOR APPROVAL!!!

These are serious drugs and you could really hurt yourself. I know you’re desperate for sleep, but call the on-call number and ask the nurse/worker what to do. Don’t make this decision on your own if you want to stay healthy and alive.

3 Likes

I won’t mix them. It feels like I’m dead, nothing seems real. I’m with my boyfriend, house sitting and can’t leave until a bit. I’m so paranoid that the guy here is going to attack me. I feel so trapped. He was looking at me crazed. I don’t want to go into details, but now the FBI is watching

Ok i will 1515151515151

Thanks for the warning

1 Like

I’m really hoping my doctor does something.

1 Like