Please just respect my wishes

I doubt it. If you run your meds and dosages at me, I can probably tell if being “stupid” is the (typical) result of what the anti-Ps and anti-A’s (anti-anxiety meds) (but not anti-D’s or so-called “mood levelers”) do to block the dopamine channels in the neural pathways that facilitate motivation and memory.

(Some sz pts are functionally over-medicated. Many, of course, are not. Some just have to put up with the Da channel blocking to keep from becoming “emotionally overwhelmed.” Sigh.)

1 Like

BEWARE: this man is NOT your doctor. He isn’t even a real doctor. He doesn’t even play one on T.V. Why would you trust him with sensitive information about your healthcare?

I can see how this place is ripe territory for those who would love to exploit others for various purposes. Free healthcare advice? Really? What’s next, backrubs? You’re messing with the wrong dude here.

Let’s get up out of the box. Have you been diagnosed with “rapid cycling bipolar” and/or “borderline personality” as well as (I think you said “sza”)? It appears there’s a lot of severe flip-flopping going on there between functional reality testing and paranoid ideation here. Are you taking your meds as directed?

1 Like

These things are irrelevant to the discussion at hand. You took the bait as I expected you would. What people like you always forget is that paranoia has always equaled intelligence, all the way back to Jacob and Esau. Look it up in the your Bible. Or do you even own one? It might help you…it might help you a whole lot.

Okay. Everything makes sense to me now.

1 Like

No, you just think it does.

Any of you gentlemen interested in these here advanced nuclear weapons or other armaments, that we, the more affluent and civilized people of the Earth will often resort to using to ultimately solve our differences? Hey when words are just not enough, what else can we do? Earthlings are foolish, primitive minded race of beings with dangerous new technologies which we find to be a most disturbing find among the vast desert of stars in this here universe.

Well said. I always hope that no one hands the keys for the nukes over to the psychologists.

1 Like

Yeah and while were at it we ought to get them out of the hands of those little kids over there who are always pointing and threating each other with them.

Hell yea! I say melt them all down in fourth generation nuclear power plants; they burn clean energy safely, with virtually no waste. They’re doing this in second generation plants already. The U.S. has been buying up a lot of Russia’s old arsenal just for that purpose, so some of the power for your computer may well be coming from plutonium that was originally intended to blow up your town!

i feel i am out of my depth here but my meds are Amisulpride 100mg twice a day and pregablin 2 capsules twice a day, i reckon it does cause mental deficit of some sort,
its not a high dose but it keeps me on par.

Hmm. Actually, the Pregablin is sometimes associated with mild mania induction in some pts, though it is used psychiatrically as a mood stabilizer.

The amisulpride, however, is probably the culprit, even though you’re only getting a very low dose (400-800 mgs / daily is ostensibly therapeutic). That said, amisulpride’s mechanism of action excludes blockage of the dopamine type 4 receptors with possible activation of the H5T – or serotonin – receptors, which would make it a bit of an upper and a downer.

My guess is the reason the USFDA reviewers weren’t crazy about the stuff is that it would space one out with those combined mechanisms of action. Is that what you experience?

I take it you’re in the UK or Ozland?

2 Likes

yeah uk and i think you are pretty close to the mark,

the Amisulpride is a bit of an upper and downer, downer in the sense that it makes me spaced out a little and dulls me down

but it also eliminates negative symptoms like lack of motivation, it stops the bad things and lets through the good things in my brain, it would be perfect if i didnt get dulled down but i think that might be it fighting my paranoia and other symptoms that i had.

you sound very smart, are you a doctor?

Hi @mikee welcome to us.

I’d suggest that it “reduces” rather than “eliminates” here, if I understood what you wrote before.

Unfortunately, there’s no complete medicinal solution to what you describe, BUT… the good news is that one can catapult oneself further into a more motivated space by using the psychotherapies listed below (most of which are inexpensively available in workbook form) to move oneself “up” so that the med dosage can be moved downward, at least to some extent, thus reducing the sfx.

Good:

REBT – Rational emotive behavior therapy - Wikipedia
Schematherapy – Schema therapy - Wikipedia
Learned Optimism – Learned optimism - Wikipedia
Standard CBT – http://www.beckinstitute.org/what-is-cognitive-behavioral-therapy/About-CBT/252/

Better:

SEPT – Somatic experiencing - Wikipedia
SMPT – Sensorimotor psychotherapy - Wikipedia

Best (according to current efficacy research):

DBT – http://behavioraltech.org/resources/whatisdbt.cfm
MBSR – Welcome to the Mindful Living Blog
ACT – ACT | Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
MBBT – An Introduction to Mind-Body Bridging & the I-System – New Harbinger Publications, Inc
10 StEP – Pair A Docks: The 10 StEPs of Emotion Processing

1 Like

I don’t think stating your medication and dosage is revealing sensitive information.