Please help meee

afraid of taking pills cause i actualy have severe allergy reaction to medications and get what ever side effect that are written for them

yep i know that froum please tell me about your way of derealization more and you thought and feeling while having this

are you taking the atomoxetine?

ADHD drugs like Atomoxetine can cause hallucinations. Did they start before or after you got prescribed Atomoxetine? If before or long after then you really should see a psychiatrist to see if antipsychotics can help you. And they can help you even if you donā€™t have schizophrenia. If it started after you began taking Atomoxetine then you should also see a psychiatrist or a regular doctor so that they can stop or change the meds.

And what you describe sounds more like derealization than psychosis. But you need a professionals opinion on this.

doctor gave me atomoxetine 2 weaks ago n also Bupropion told me to take it for 10 days but i did not take it too

i did not take that atomoxetine

Okay, then I agree with others here, I think you should call a psychiatrist or at least a mental health professional so they can give you their opinion. Donā€™t be afraid of antipsychotics, if they donā€™t work well for you then you donā€™t have to take them. But they are worth trying if a psychiatrist gives you them. They have helped me a lot.

1 Like

Well I donā€™t know what to tell you, you were prescribed an antipsychotic to help you.
And again, we canā€™t diagnose you.

The only advice I can think of is talking to your pdoc about not taking the medication he prescribes, and maybe he can be on top of your allergic reactions if there is some.

If the doctors prescribe you medication and you donā€™t take them thereā€™s not much anyone can do actually. With or without a diagnosis.

2 Likes

De realization isnā€™t a hallucination. I would argue perceiving reality as 2-dimensional isnā€™t hallucinating, quite the contrary. I was prescribed Cymbalta which is an SNRI. So itā€™s kind of similar because it re up takes norepinephrine. I once had a psychiatrist tell me my symptoms would go away if I did intense exercise every day for about two months. He said my locus coeruleus was malfunctioning.

Itā€™s quite common for dp/dr people to think they have schizophrenia. 99% of the time they donā€™t. Obsessiveness and worrying about things is common with dp/dr and just makes it worse.

2 Likes

Well you maybe right but at the same time, those were my first warning signs of sz so if someone is feeling them too weā€™re not doctors, we canā€™t diagnose.

2 Likes

you know i do not even know what is having schizophrenia feels like maybe im just overthinking and spreading my thoughts toward it i just know i have some evil houghts that do not let me go like im just afraid of the knife to be a killr or something you know im a 21 girl these thoughts seems so strange for me

I find that doctors and healthcare professionals are uneducated about dp/dr. There is no cure but there are some meds that help. It usually resolves on its own though.

1 Like

Itā€™s not a symptom of sz to be a killer or have those thoughts.

5 Likes

you are right when i tell them even the name of derealization they just shake head and say maybe but you have anxiety and depression although i have never had any mentall disorder before just some panic attacks do to my tommy pain before surgery

so did your Dr go away or gone for better? cause mine is awful every single day even my room n my house are not seem familiar to me im not even comfortable inside

Dude, I had really bad dr for over three years. 24/7. I would say I had it worse than most people. Itā€™s finally getting better but I still have symptoms. I just learning what it is like to have depth perception/think and see in 3- dimensions. I perceive touch as mostly real. I can hear in 3-d now. Things seem mostly real, do Iā€™m getting better. I still struggle driving, being under fluorescent lights, and being in public. Sometimes I question if things are real but Iā€™m getting better. Less anxiety, less intrusive thoughts, and less suffering.

Iā€™m still in shock everyday that things look mostly real. Iā€™ve been so ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up for the past 4 years.

Thatā€™s gotta be toughā€¦ Iā€™m sorry you feel like this, and glad youā€™re getting better

1 Like