Please help me with this

I have a job now and have to look after my mom, wife and child. I always get a thought that what will happen when i lose the job, I cant communicate as good as others, cant make jokes often as others. what are my options. It keeps coming back again and again. Its the outcome of the over thinking and unusual thoughts and beliefs. The medication helps me understand what are the thoughts that can be controlled and beliefs that has to be ignored. However there are n number of unusual thoughts and beliefs. I want to be free and do not want to hurt my family. So what are my options? I feel sometimes like i cant work and i am done with getting humiliated most of the times and cant face the people who are normal as i perceive. It scares me :smile: . But if i am alone i feel somewhat not disturbed or threatened.

5 Likes

Atleast u can work …thats make me happy…i would suggest u never compare with normie …!!! Focus on job …and make urself happy…!!!

4 Likes

Keep it simple. It’s not an easy world but concentrate on your job and the simple things. Saying hello helps. Remembering a persons name or something about them. Lot’s of different people out there and not bad to be a quiet person. Concentrate on your job…and just be relaxed and keep it all very simple…Avoiding stress is a good thing!

4 Likes

Hey my elder buddy are u playing cricket today…!!!

1 Like

Is your Mum able to look after herself ? How old is the child? What does your wife do ?

2 Likes

mom looks after home. child is 11months old and wife searching for job.

3 Likes

Sri are u on a break …??? Hope u have a lovely day ahead …

2 Likes

that will hopefully help ease the pressure once she is in work… i am sorry you are going through this… hang in there…

2 Likes

I feel more comfortable when I am alone too. As for your problems - about all you can do is let them work themselves out. If you can’t work you need to get some kind of support. I don’t think you want to end up on the street.

3 Likes

Well, first of all, it is a little normal to worry about losing your job. Getting fired or quitting happens to the best of us sometimes. You can help yourself by being on time, getting along with your co-workers and putting out an honest effort to do your job as best as you can. Just doing the basic things like these will help you.

It might be smart to make a back-up plan now before anything hapens at your job and you lose it. Maybe start researching jobs online to see what jobs you can do. Try Craigslist. Maybe call Social Security (if you are in the U.S.) and kind of see how disability insurance works and see if you will qualify if you lose your job. Maybe start saving money to tide you over if you lose your job while you search for a new job.

Try checking out resources near you for places that will train you for a field. Look at mental health resources too. It would be good to know ahead of time what monetary aid is out there for you if you lose your job. Look into health insurance too. You can’t control everything in life but you can sure tilt the odds of succeeding in your favor by doing certain things…
Good luck.

4 Likes

First, I want to say more power to you for what you’ve done to secure a job. It is a real achievement and you should be proud of what you’ve accomplished :slight_smile: I really mean that, @sriharryster.

sz is such a burden. We can overthink things and sometimes feel socially awkward around our colleagues and friends because of a perceived absence of saying the right things, even saying anything appropriate at all. Then there are intrusive thoughts which complicate and nullify our interactions with the world. At those times we want to escape from everything and everyone to protect our vulnerability. I understand your sentiments, believe me. Life makes demands on us even when we have sz to cope with. There is seemingly no rest. Like you said, what option have you got? It is one step in front of the other while balancing on thin ice. Know your limitations, my friend. Reduce your responsibilities if they are too much. You will intuitively know when enough is enough. You have a loving family so draw on their love for you for strength. Never give up fighting for what you and your family deserves.

3 Likes

thanks buddy. i am at work now.

1 Like

My advice, don’t catastrophize, in other words you are thinking of all you could lose. What you need to focus on is working and putting away some funds in case you lose your job. You need to work harder to be on the same level as the neurotypicals.

3 Likes

hey @thedeepestdream thanks for all your valuable comments. i am tryin really hard. the thing that makes my life impossible is duration for which the disability has travelled with me. i am holding my everything to be stable and support my family. hope there is something good that can happen to me in someway or somewhere.

3 Likes

U look like dhanush bro … why this kolaveri kolaveri di …hahaha…keep doing jobs…

1 Like

@sriharryster These may be negative thoughts. Hm, can you tell us what some of them say? I’m sorry, but are they voices or just thoughts. It is horrible I understand to not get in the rythem of things, but it gets better.

You remind me of me 3+ years ago. I was just like you, you just have to kinda work through it. Luvox helped me for my negative thoughts. It could be OCD too, I hear lots of OCD people get negative thinking patterns.

But I was the worst. Couldn’t socialize, nothing just, SZ. Couldn’t make a decision without second guessing it. It gets better. How long have you been stable for?

2 Likes

the thoughts are very intrusive. its the consequence of how i have been treated by my own family and extended. they most of the times scold me. so what happens in the heat of the moment is either i will be impulsive due to variety of thought suggestions or be low key in response.what i lack is pure care or love from my close ones. being aged somewhat now i cant expect that. things are moving very fast.

ok how does it get better. i have no support from my family and extended. i fear always that i can become psychotic or manic anytime and people dont give a f about it. that makes me more and more depressed. to me i dont have a solution to this problem. its endless.

1 Like

I won’t pretend to be a pdoc, but have you researched a little about luvox I don’t know what the generic name is, but this helped me a lot with my negative thoughts. It’s a difficult process when your family let alone won’t help or try to facilitate or coordinate a healthy environment for you.

Don’t let their projections on to you get you down. Own up, but don’t suffer, call it a struggle, not suffering. I grew up in a “toxic” environment as well, I’m not comparing my situation to yours, but maybe ask your doctor, what can I do when my family is “destroying” me from the inside out?

Medication and talking about it will help. Its a long road, but I believe you’re on the right path. Make adjustments with your doctor, sometimes benzodiazapenes can help kind of numb the pain away. Sorry, can’t help more.

2 Likes

Thanks @MindJam. Good to know. I will keep my pdoc updated about things that igo through. The help you provided is much worth.

2 Likes

You need to focus on the present and take things one day at a time. I often worry a lot about the future and what if scenarios too and that’s what my mom told me. Take things one day at a time.

2 Likes