Please help me im on edge

Just tell them you need help. Tell them only so much as you want to. The only track as far as to be able to contact you back. From what the full post said, they are there to help you get calmed down from a crisis state to a better frame of mind.

i will text them

1 Like

but what if youre tricking me

I would never intentionally trick anyoneā€¦ I do care about you and want you to get the help you need to get out of that frame of mind you are in.

1 Like

I donā€™t know anything specifically about this crisis text line but I googled it and hereā€™s the link if you want to check it out.

1 Like

sorry for being suspicious. another demonic triick that they make me feel

im about to text thhem

thank you everyone

1 Like

it is one I think szadmin had posted a long time ago. I keep it bookmarked.

Glad to see your getting good advice. All of us have needed help.

1 Like

I feel for you @arrgghh. This schizophrenia is torture and thatā€™s an understatement. I donā€™t know if what Iā€™m about to say will help you but I have survived with paranoid schizophrenia for 35 years. Thatā€™s quite a lot of yearsā€¦

Iā€™ve had my ups and downs to put it mildly. Paranoid schizophrenia, crack addiction, poverty, serious back problems, losing both my parents to cancer, getting fired from jobs, loneliness. The list goes on forever. But I donā€™t care. (except my parents passing away). I was pretty messed up when I got ill at 19 years old.

It was torture. But I donā€™t care because today my commute home from work wasnā€™t bad. And I won the whole day and no one can take that away from me. In fact I win in life in many, many ways. And I savor the experiences and I laugh at everybody.

When I was 20 years old I was in the hospital for 8 months. It was no picnic.
I went through some sh*t in there and lately I have been calmly reflecting on that.

Iā€™m 55 now and I went from having nothing to having a little in life. Iā€™ve worked for 35 years, Iā€™ve gone to school. Iā€™ve had friends, I have a nice car. But money isnā€™t everything. I have peace of mind occasionally and days of calm reflection. I get in good moods and I am content. To me, peace of mind is as good or better than having money .But I love money too, lol. But I value these peaceful moments.

I donā€™t care about my hospitalizations. Tonight was Lasagna and garlic bread. Thatā€™s what I care about ,lol. Tonight was me talking to my housemates girlfriend who is incredibly cute and incredibly nice. I understand feeling suicidal and going to dark places, in reality and in my head. Iā€™ve been there and came out the other end.

I hope you find someone who isnā€™t a dick. Guys are a dime a dozen in this world. Pick a better one. Itā€™s VERY, VERY good that you recognize that you have potential. Nourish that thought. Iā€™m here to tell you that recovery is a reality. I donā€™t mean a full recovery with no symptoms.I strongly doubt that is possible. But getting better and improving is very possible. Other people with schizophrenia have suffered more than me and you but they survived and still did some cool stuff in life.

Recovery doesnā€™t come overnight. It could take years or months to recover. I have been in the pits of psychosis and I came out the other end. I am not unique, others have recovered as much a me and many others have recovered more than me.

How old are you? Do you have family to lean on? Reach out. You reached out here so keep reaching out. There are nice people in this world whoā€™s goal is to help you. Yes, life sucks in innumerable ways. You canā€™t avoid it. No one sails through their whole life carefree and happy no matter what they tell you.
Everybody has problems. I hope you can get a little something from this. Good luck.

2 Likes

thank you for this inspiring message. im 19, almost 20. and have good resources but its hard to reach out for me to reach out especially when its sz related because im scared people will think im just being ā€œcrazyā€.

2 Likes

Oh dear Im so sorry you are in such pain and agony. Donā€™t give up!

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 But he said to me, ā€œMy grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.ā€ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Likes

Yes, itā€™s a common dilemma. The average person on the street doesnā€™t know you have schizophrenia and the average psychiatrist has seen and heard many strange things so you probably wonā€™t shock him if you tell him certain stuff. If they laugh at a patient than that is on them and they are in the wrong professionā€¦ They get paid to help you and they are trained to be sensitive and understanding.

You just might have to take a risk and tell one of them your problems. You donā€™t have to spill out your whole life story and youā€™re not obligated to tell him every little secret you have but a little honesty helps and if you see one you can kind of give out little hints and test the waters to kind of see if he/she is good for you.

2 Likes

You are preparing for your next reincarnation which most likely will not be human. You will ned to be able to grasp and be in total control of all emotions at all times. This very possibly, although not absolute fact, is most likely not a test but rather a preparation. Donā€™t worry, your suffering is not in vain, reincarnating as an alien is usually associated in Buddhism overtly and covertly in abrahamic religions as going to Heaven. Donā€™t worry, be strong!

1 Like

Please remember that we need to steer clear of religious topics on this forum, for the peace of mind of all our members.

Rhubot
Volunteer moderator

2 Likes

Understandableā€¦

1 Like