Please help me get out of this mess

Abilify is very good for study because its weak and doesnt have side effects

1 Like

Lunesta is a class of medications called hypnotics. I tried one called Zopilcone which is chemically similar to lunesta, I also tried Ambien. They where not nearly good enough. Clonazepam is the only thing thing that works for me.

Plus Lunesta/ambien/zopliclone works on GABA receptors in your brain to put you to sleep, just like a benzodiazepene does, people become dependent on sleeping pills when taken long term too.But for me they were not good enough.

rivotril is used for seizures Its very strange they gave you it for insomnia you have to explain

Iā€™m not on rivotril, Iā€™ve never heard of that before.

Please enter rivotril on google first thing you get is clonazepam

Iā€™ve never heard it called that before. Iā€™ve only heard it called clonazepam or klonopin.

Yes it can be used for seizures, but also for insomnia and anxiety.

I take it for insomnia

It works really well for insomnia, here are a bunch of user reviews, people that use it for insomniaā€¦

Here is the FDA sheet on clonazepam. It is approved ā€œindicatedā€ for seizures and panic disorder, however, doctors can prescribe any medication for any condition if it will work. Its called ā€œoff labelā€ use. I use clonazepam ā€œoff labelā€ for insomnia and it works really well, itā€™s the best t hing I have tried and I have tried lot of stuff.

I take 2mg of Klonopin a day for anxiety. :dog::dog::dog:

1 Like

Clozapine can be a very good med for the people who like it. It is known to be sedating though. I knee someone who took it and had about 12 awake and productive hours a day, then slept for lile 12 hours straight.

I had tardive dyskinesia on abilify but Iā€™m glad it works for you hugs

1 Like

I am going to try clozapine. I am afraid it will make me sleep more and I really donā€™t like sleeping 12 hours a day. My psychiatrist said there likely wont be many side effects at lower doses. I am hoping I can get by with a low dose. I take Latuda right now and get psychotic once in a while on it. I donā€™t think I have to do a hospital stay to switch to clozapine.

Good for you. Clozapine is a great med, for some. :cat2::cat2::cat2:

When I was last in the hospital a few years ago the pdoc gave me a choice between haldol and clozapine. I didnā€™t want either but in my mind haldol was the lesser of two evils. I tried it and had awful side effects. I didnā€™t get along with that pdoc, I got assigned a different pdoc who recommended Lurasidone(Latuda) and I lived happily ever after.

I take invega but the generic version itā€™s only $50

I got lucky and started with Latuda (lurasidone) and it worked for me. It does cause restless leg syndrome sometimes when there is stress, which is unconfortable but only lasts a couple hours. Iā€™ve had to leave work because of that (and get a doctor note calling me temporarily disabled during that time so I can go home without problem). Removing stress is the only deterrant for restless leg syndome for me.

I went from Invega to Abilify without any issues.

I take 12 mg of Invega for psychosis. 12.5 mg of clozapine for sleep (which is a very low dose) and 150 mg of Wellbutrin for negatives and depression. If your pdoc is willing, you could also try very low dose of clozapine for sleep.

Clozapine was weird for me. It made me sick after just one week of taking it. It seems like it helps some folks. Donā€™t give up.keep in touch with your pdoc.

As X - user of clozapine I slept like a baby 12 hours every night. It comes with its own side effect burden but it wiped out the psychosis I had. It did not improve negatives and it worsens cognition. I was on 600 mg clozapine by mouth.