Playing rock and roll

It’s just as I suspected. I’ve been studying classical piano for the last 14 and a half years and largely failing miserably at it because I wasn’t raised on classical music, I never listened to it my whole life, and I’ve always been a rocker.

Don’t get me wrong. I love classical piano today but that’s not what I’ve been about my whole life.

So, Ive decided to shift my focus a bit and study some rock songs along with my usual classical pieces and I’m finding that the rock songs are a lot easier and more natural for me to play.

I feel that all that classical study has been great preparation. For instance, right now, I’m playing Bob Dylan’s All Along the Watch Tower.

6 Likes

Jimmy hendrix did his own version of all along the watch tower, led zeppelin is my favorite rock group.

1 Like

Jimmi Hendrix made it famous but Bob Dylan wrote it.

Yes, I prefer the hendrix version, i don’t think many people know it’s originally a dylan song.

1 Like

You have to be a certain age group to know it.

Not really, just have to like that type of music and care about the background of the music.

1 Like

I play piano for ballet classes. I usually play classical pieces, but they’re very short. It’s fun to try to play rock and roll sometimes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.