Pick a meal

This is just a because of thread: name a meal or food you never tried before but really like now. After seeing the movie v for vendetta they made egg in a basket.my partner said she could make them I tried it and it is my favorite breakfast

2 Likes

Is that where you fry the bread and add an egg into the middle you take out? Mum used to do it when we were kids. It’s a variation of french toast but so good!

My favorite would be meat loaf. Always heard people having meat loaf on tv. With some good beef mince I like it. It’s never something we had much and thus the attraction!

2 Likes

Yes I haven’t tried meatloaf but looks good

2 Likes

I haven’t had meat loaf in a while, myself. Yummy! :sunglasses:

1 Like

well I tried it before and didn’t like it but now I tried it again in a different way and do - tofu. I added to homemade miso soup and it was really good.

2 Likes

My grandma made curry yesterday, and it’s not something I’m used to. But it was really good! There was pork, apples, raisins, coconut milk, and some other stuff I don’t know.

2 Likes

We call that bird in a nest. I used to eat those when I was a kid too.

1 Like

Anyone else’s country call the toasted bread ‘fingers’ used to dip in boiled eggs soldiers?

My mom used to make this thing called “egg in a hole”. You’d cut a hole in a piece of bread and fry an egg in it. I can’t remember if it was yummy or not.

Edit: I googled it. Same thing as egg in a basket

@anon90843118. Meatloaf is something we eat here in the States. It’s simple to make and really good
History
Meatloaf of minced meat was mentioned in the Roman cookery collection Apicius as early as the 5th century. Meatloaf is a traditional German, Scandinavian and Belgiandish, and it is a cousin to the Dutchmeatball. American meatloaf[2] has its origins in scrapple, a mixture of ground pork and cornmeal served by German-Americans in Pennsylvania since colonial times.[2] Meatloaf in the contemporary American sense did not appear in cookbooks until the late 19th century

2 Likes

2 Likes

I havent tried anything new lately…i should!

My favourite dish used to be couscous, now thai kuaytiew soup. I cant cook that myself, it is takeaway food.

1 Like

I tried squash baked in with chicken breast. It was good my mother in law made it. I will say I dont like eggplant…

Liver skewers they delicious

Can’t beat a good lasagne imo.

I’d like to try paella. It looks good.

My fave food is my moms sweet and sour spareribs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.