Piano repertoire

Behind Blue Eyes, by Peter Townshend

Jeanie With The Light Brown Hair, by Stephen Foster

Tales From The Vienna Woods, by Johann Strauss II

I’m almost done with the first song.
I’m still working on the second song.
And I’m about done with the last piece.

My teacher told me today that I’m “making progress”. I treasure his words as he rarely to never says anything complimentary.

12 Likes

Very cool. Some great songs!

4 Likes

Sounds great @SkinnyMe

2 Likes

that first song sounded familiar then i remembered it was used in a scene in one of my favorite shows of all time

2 Likes

piano teachers are all mean.

mostly true, or not?

1 Like

Did you memorize the music?

1 Like

I begged my mother to learn piano,
I’ve got the fingers for it,
and loved what I was hearing from records at that time.

she let me take lessons from a neighbor teen,
but I wasn’t catching on, and she got angry with me.

then at Christmas mom bought me a stand up keyboard.
and books with it. They were all letter on the keys from the books, like A or B or C or D or F. so yeah, I guess I did have that memorized. kinda like piano, but easier to learn.

1 Like

I’ve never been able to read music. like the graph. can you?

1 Like

Glad for you @SkinnyMe. Keep it up!

1 Like

I learned how to read music for guitar at age 16 before I got sick. I only learned the key of C and G for the first thirty years. The other keys I use are F, D, A, and E. It wouldn’t take much time to learn all of them I just don’t encounter much music written in them. I don’t know how I keep track of what I’m playing, it’s subconscious. I think I learned how to read so quickly, like in a month, because I was so young. I was lucky I found the book I learned from, Fredrick Noad, because the music store in my town didn’t have sh!t for books. I use tablature for mandolin.

2 Likes

This is for mandolin

4 Likes

wow it´s the complete inverse of a bass!

1 Like

oh you are doing so well @SkinnyMe good for you…i play "behind blue eyes on the guitar. @Jinx love tablature…would post some but you already showed what tablature is…I read mainly banjo tablature and learn all the songs on the guitar by ear.

1 Like

I still play mostly first position on guitar which is using the first five frets, but I use second position sometimes, and very high notes.

2 Likes

All three of my piano teachers have been the nicest people in the world. Too nice actually because they’ve all let me do whatever I want. Which isn’t always good.

1 Like

No. I’m incapable of memorization due to my sza related cognitive impairment called MCI. I have to read my scores.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.