Piano practice update

I have been practicing piano for the last 13 and a half years now. I am at the later intermediate level of playing now, according to my teacher. I know I should be more advanced than that, at this stage of the game, but it’s been nothing but struggle for me every step of the way, since the beginning.

I am now practicing the pieces: “Serenata”, by Enrico Toselli, and “Blue Rondo”, by Amanda Lethco. I got both pieces pretty much down now. With Serenata, I got the fingering and the chords worked out and with Rondo, I got the first two pages down and the first two sections I have finished. I only have to add one more section and it will be complete.

I am very excited about my conquering of the Alfred’s Adult Piano Lesson Book No. Three. I am in the middle of this book now.

I just struggle and struggle along. That’s all I can do.

13 Likes

I’m so happy for you…it’s nice when you find something you love to do and it seems like you really enjoy your piano playing…I know I love playing guitar and singing so I understand.

4 Likes

Yeah really well done. I wish I had the concentration to learn the guitar. I can do the basic chords etc but learning scales and more advanced stuff just escapes me.

You should be really proud for sticking with it and getting to be that level! Well done you.

3 Likes

Serenata is also really beautiful with the violin played as a duet! My choral student heart is full. Keep playing!!

1 Like

Thank you for telling me that. I’ll try to find a piano-violin duet of Serenata on YouTube.com

1 Like

I listened to a beautiful violin-piano duet of Serenata on YouTube and it was gorgeous by a Rafael Herrera, I think.

I had to search both pieces on YouTube. The Blue Rondo is really cool sounding. Is the Grieg up next in your book? What comes after book 3?

1 Like

Play some Bach 666999

1 Like

A traditional Mexican song called: Laredo, is up next in the Alfred Adult Book No. 3.

There are no more Alfred books after book no. 3. You just start playing anything you want to after that.

I play Bach all the time. And I love it.

1 Like

It sounds to me like you’re doing really well. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Just try to enjoy it and let it be your stress reliever and hobby.

1 Like

You are right, @CoCo. I’m very, very hard on myself. Too hard on myself.

I think I just graduated to early advanced level in piano today. Because I went from a book of “Easy Piano Classics” to a book of “Piano Classics” which are a more advanced level. My teacher assigned me a piece out of this book today called “Italian Song”, by Tchaickovsky.

1 Like

Congrats! It is always so rewarding to finish up a book and move onto the next.

I played 3 minutes until the upstairs neighbor came home. The Juggler by Loeschhorn. So much fun. I need a lot more work to get it up to speed.

1 Like

Very, very good, @Skims. Are you John Thompson by any chance? If so, you play very well.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.