Philip k dicks scanner darkly

I fell asleep last night watching this movie it was really trippy and cool. The animations. Keanu reeves. I dunno I only watched 22 minutes but I was really enjoying it a lot. Anyone seen this movie???

I’ve been watching YouTube videos on Philip k dick. But now I’m actually watching a movie he made.

Never seen blade runner which I’ll probably watch next. Would u watch the old or new version or both???

3 Likes

Holy cow :cow: ! I’d start with the old version. Then watch the new version, and you’ll notice lots of new things.

2 Likes

I’ve seen A Scanner Darkly,

It’s pretty good.

Little depressing, but good.

2 Likes

I’ve met Philip k dick. He’s a cool guy. Love Scanner Darkly.

3 Likes

Minority Report is a philip k. dick movie too.

2 Likes

I loved the movie A Scanner Darkly. I tried reading the book first but it was too trippy for me.

I’ve read quite a few of PKD’s other books though, including Valis.

Phillip K. Dick was a very complex person. I think he was even diagnosed with schizophrenia at one time.

I’m a huge fan though. God Bless his Gnostic/Christian soul.

3 Likes

Oh then i guess I have seen one by him. Another great one!!

I found the book more relatable than the movie, but both are very good. The supporting cast in the movie absolutely crushes it.

1 Like

Where can I see Scanner Darkly?
Is it on Netflix or Amazon?

1 Like

You can stream it on YouTube for $2.99. Or Amazon prime if you have it. Or you can illegally stream it but I recommend the YouTube option as the best way

Edit: I’m not sure if it’s free or 2.99 on Amazon prime video

Yeah I have Amazon Prime, Thanks @Jonnybegood

1 Like

Hmm. . .

The Book Was Good.

The Movie Was Good.

And All Of It Ties In With Buddhist Christianity Folklore, Currents Of Frequency Wavelength’s

In Thoughts Like A Waterfall Within The Twilight Of Eternity.

Winona Ryder Is Also Sweet. |||+||| :yum:

1 Like

Nice @Jonnybegood, I also have Amazon Prime so I’ll give it a whirl at some point.

Phillip K. Dick was an interesting character for sure.

Really enjoyed reading some of his short stories a few years ago. Probs not the best if you’re unmedicated though…

…Lots of fuel for the flames, if you will :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

I saw a graduation speech he gave where he said “we are living in a simulated reality” so matter of fact. I’d say he was at the very least ahead of his time :+1:

1 Like

@Jonnybegood and @Schztuna You guys/gals should read Valis. PKD talks about his philosophy and views on religion in it.

He even talks about a vision he had where he was a Christian being persecuted by the Romans.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”

2 Likes

Oooh, I’ll check it out for sure Monte :slightly_smiling_face:.

Gonna try getting back into sci-fi now that meds are in heavy rotation, haha.

Will try to read A Brave New World by Aldous Huxley again as well… Now that was a triggerfest :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Kick ass! Let me know what you think of it. :slight_smile:

A Brave New World can be a difficult read, but very rewarding nonetheless. :+1:

1 Like

Hmm. . .

Christianity Is Why We Have Christmas Trees During Christmas And Christ Is Why We Have Both.

Both Movies And Books. (Like Philip K. Dick)

But There Were Book Burning’s.

WHYYYYYYY |||+||| :yum:

1 Like

Christmas trees were a pagan tradition first, as was Yule.

2 Likes

I finished a scanner darkly. Was dark and depressing. Interesting though. I don’t think my parents liked it

1 Like