Personality disorder and how to deal with negative symptoms

It feels like I am talking to someone who is not me. Like another person thinking in my mind. I also feel like this other person and people control my thoughts. It’s like telepathy but with evil spirits or something like that. They change my innermost love and emotions into hate and I feel an empty feeling. What would help? I take an injection every month for schizophrenia. I also have add, the meds I take helps, but I struggle with negative symptoms like mentioned above.

1 Like

Add meds don’t help negative symptoms? Ritalin or Adderall?

Yeah, I take Concerta. It helps, but I still struggle with a feeling of mind control in my thoughts.

1 Like

Thats positive symptoms. Tell your Dr, maybe you need a dose increase of your antipsychotic or another AP.

1 Like

I have thoughts in my head that don’t seem to be my own.

1 Like

I also relate to having thoughts that I am not controlling.

1 Like

As real as they seem I think it’s super important to read up on positive symptoms of schizophrenia and realize that almost ALL of us experience that because it’s part of our illness. The more you can detach it from being “real” to an actual physical malfunction of the brain that produces it, the more you can learn to live with it and/or attempt to disarm the fear when it happens.

I’m not saying it ever just goes away and it doesn’t feel real, I still have voices and have had them lately more than in a while, but I try not to get stirred up by them and try and detach myself from them. Let them pass through the mind.

If they are really strong and really present, like they seem to you right now, then I really think you need to talk to your Dr. and work on your medication regimen. The less the meds are working the more we have an increase of voices, hallucinations, delusions, etc, our symptoms.

1 Like

@thomas Anxiety makes psychosis worse; I know!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.