Persecutory paranoia

I never had it until a couple months ago. Felt uneasy and still sometimes i imagine some horrible things happening to me. Maybe it is anxiety.

How did you get over something like this?
I fear people sometimes :eyes:

2 Likes

Same here sleepy bug…i feel weak these day…

I get like that. During a psychotic break I take it to extremes. The only way I know to get past it is with the right medication. I’m not so sure that’s something you can just think your way out of, even with milder forms. Perhaps it depends on the person.

1 Like

The stuff from the illness I mainly overcame it with meds. Before the meds kicked in I had to fight it. I’m not brave though. I still think the illness chose whether or not I was brave. Sometimes I would walk up to and shout at groups of 20 or so then at other times I would cower away from one person saying something to me. So I fought against it but the meds made me not even worry about it.

2 Likes

meds are the first step. Having somewhere that is a safe haven for yourself is vital i believe too. Knowing that a certain place is safe can take alot of the anxiety away, at least temporarily. There are breathing and focusing techniques also when starting to go hyper vigilant to not let the episode become too overwhelming. none of it ive found takes it all away, but little steps can make a difference, I always tell myself that ive been psychotic before and very well will be again, so i cant believe too much into something that is triggering me. Knowing nonw that everything my brain chooses to throw at me may not be based in reality, so if you have to question everything, you cant really believe totally that “that car is following me” or “people are trying to get me”. So when i dont totally believe what i am experiencing i find it easier to shake off some of my delusional thinking,

1 Like