Peripheral Neuropathy

Does anyone suffer from peripheral neuropathy? What caused it? What made it better? How were you diagnosed?

I have an appointment on the 23rd to figure this out. I thought it was just my erythromelalgia getting worse, but I don’t think it is. I think it’s something else and after a quick Google (i know, I know) this seems like the best fit.

I’m just in so much pain lately and I’m at the end of my rope. Also my fibromyalgia is flaring up and my RA is getting worse. I have a referral in to see my rheumatologist, but it’s taking forever.

My feet are keeping me from sleeping though, and it’s miserable only being able to sleep an hour or two a night. I can’t keep going like this.

Help?

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Unfortunately, we can’t help your pain get better aside from keeping your mind occupied. The only people who can help you are your doctors. I had peripheral neuropathy and there was one drug that helped a little but basically for me it was just physical therapy and time that helped me. Good luck though! I hope you’re better soon. Can you talk to your dr about a sleep aid?

I’m already on ativan to help me fall asleep. But it doesn’t help overcome the pain when it’s this bad.

My husband has it

1 Like

How was he diagnosed? Did he get imaging done?

What does he take for it?

He got imaging and so.e nerve co duction tests. We just got bloodwork do e and think undiagnosed diabetes caused i t.

He takes lyrica and amitriptyline

1 Like

My husband broke his spine in 4 places and has peripheral Neuropathy very badly. His doc found a sleep aid that helps him sleep through the pain

2 Likes

We found that lions mane mushroom helped my husband’ pain levels a lot. It’s about $24 for a 60 day supply. We both used itand ithelped my sza symptoms so it was a month supply for us both. It’t say enough good thi gs about it. He had lots less pain and more energy and stamina

3 Likes

I’ll check it out! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got mine on Amazon from Real Mushrooms. Best price and the capsare 1000 mg. You take 2 a day.

2 Likes

I’m sorry your going through such a rough time @LED.
Sending positive thoughts your way!

1 Like

I watched documentary about Kratom which is nature’s pain reliever. It’s leaf of faith on Netflix

I have peripheral and autonomic neuropathies caused by my type 1 diabetes. It really sucks. I’m sorry you’re going though this, too. I just use lotions aimed at easing neuropathic pain and use CBD rubs on my feet.

1 Like

I’ve been using a cbd oil lotion on my feet at night, but it’s not really helping much. The fire feeling just won’t go away. I tried an iced bath last week but ended up with a blister on the top of my foot from leaving it in the ice too long. So I’m trying to about doing that again.

1 Like

Be careful with getting your feet too hot or too cold, because you might not be able to actually feel how hot or how cold they really are, due to the neuropathy. Maybe try Topricin for your feet? Or another neuropathy cream?

1 Like

I’ve never heard of that. I’ll look into it. Thanks.

1 Like

My dad has that after he got shingles years ago. He takes carbamazepine for it and it works well for him.

1 Like

I always take supplements.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.