Performance evaluation at work

I got a performance evaluation at work last week. I got fully successful and meets expectations on each category but in the last paragraph my manager says he is concerned with my progress in my training and that they will be working more closely with me.

Everybody says it takes three to five years to learn this job. I am a smart guy and I haven’t mastered it but I will keep trying.

I will find out in April whether or not they will keep me or not. If they keep me I also get a promotion and can then work from home.

8 Likes

Just keep working on it and do your best. Hopefully everything will work out.

2 Likes

I will keep at it. I still apply for other jobs too though. For the next two and a half years I can get my SSDI back if they let me go.

@TomCat, hang in there. Just keep giving it all you’ve got. One day, it’ll all just click. I can see your intelligence from your posts so I know you’ve got this.

2 Likes

I just left my bosses office. He says he has to make the decision for who stays and who goes in January. He says right now I am not on the stay list. There are 10 of us who are new.

Will have to improve if I want to keep this job.

1 Like

Oh man. That’s tough. Do you like any other options?

1 Like

I will see what happens and try to find another job. I am not worried about it. I am a 100% disabled veteran.

Nobody really expected me to be able to do this anyway. It’s not like I am disappointing anyone.

1 Like

But you’re disappointing yourself. I know it cuts deep. But maybe it’s just not the right fit for you. That’s ok. Not every person is meant for every job. What do you do well at your current job? Try to find that in your next job. What aren’t you doing well at? Try to avoid that within reason at your next job. You’re very bright. You definitely have the ability to do a real career type job.

1 Like
  1. List item

I can’t disappoint myself any worse than I already have.

I am getting extra help and if I make it through January well then I have made it in normie world again.

I am not throwing in the towel yet. I am going to try to improve. They are telling me what I need to work on.

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re getting help. Best of luck to you! And try not to be so hard on yourself

1 Like

My wife wants me to quit and just go back on SSDI and stay home with her.

If working makes you feel good, then keep working. If it’s too hard, then don’t. But don’t base your decision on her thoughts because she seems to just want you to be there to do everything for her. Try to do something that’s good for you.

1 Like

I was bored at home everyday but I still have my on call aircraft mechanic job. If I quit my day job I could take more calls.

I think I will hang on until January for the verdict.

2 Likes

I’m rooting for you!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.