Percentage of employability

I used simple mathematics to calculate the percentage of my employability.

For instance, I worked since 2010 for 3 years. Then I worked for another 1 year.

2016-2010=6 years
3+1=4 years

So that means I have 67% employability since 2010.

1 Like

That’s miles better than me. I have 0% employability since leaving school.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear…In another word, you are the “CEO of your own life”.

1 Like

Given my (undiagnosed) learning difficulties affecting things like executive functioning and manual/practical/spatial skills I would have needed an assessment to find something suitable. There was also the issue of my social interaction difficulties and social anxiety.
Back in the late 70s I was in line to go to a rehabilitation centre to be assessed, but my pdoc scotched it saying I wasn’t well enough. The opportunity never arose again.

The last psychiatric assessment that included an assessment of work capability suggested that at best I was suitable for sheltered supported employment.
I certainly couldn’t cope within a competitive employment set up.

1 Like

Same here…even low stress jobs are difficult to begin or hold…!!!

You can at best try housekeeping (cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc) while waiting for another opportunity to be reassessed.

Although chores “will never be a top priority for kids,” says Jane Nelsen, author of Positive Discipline, such tasks “build self-reliance and self-esteem.”

However, it must be a regret to remain undiagnosed, especially your Asperger syndrome.
On second thought, though, I think you still can strive to live a meaningful life in spite of the absence of correct diagnosis.