People walking behind me

Whenever I need to walk anywhere, I feel uneasy and paranoid if someone starts walking behind me. The sound of footsteps is unnerving. Sometimes I glance behind me and it helps, but often I don’t want to make eye contact, so I don’t look behind me. If there are two people talking, in a friendly way, I don’t feel so anxious. It’s the non-talking people who make me really nervous. Does anyone else have this problem?

5 Likes

For me, it’s people driving behind me. I can put space between myself and the car in front of me, but when someone follows me to close it makes me nervous. They usually don’t leave enough space to give them time to stop, in case something happens.

I’ll tap my brakes to Signal them, but some people just don’t get it. Pisses me off and it makes me very nervous

1 Like

I know that feeling. I’m afraid someone will grab me from behind. It’s good to look though .

1 Like

Me too. There is a serial killer here who’s stabbing random people to death with a knife. I’m very nervous if there’s someone behind me who I can’t see. Also a person was robbed at knifepoint outside my apartment building.

1 Like

@anon54988740 that is scary. I would be nervous too

1 Like

I get paranoid about people whether they’re in front of me or behind me.

1 Like

I live in a poor neighborhood downtown. There are other neighborhoods that are worse though.

1 Like

If they are in front of me, I can see if they fit the general description of the serial killer or they look like trouble. One woman survived, she was stabbed 15 times, and gave a vague to general description of the guy. Three men were killed. So far the only thing the victims have in common are they are all older. The youngest was 40.

1 Like

That’s just awful.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I don’t feel so alone now.

1 Like

Yikes. That’s very frightening. I hope you will stay safe.

1 Like

Thanks Cloudy. It like something out of the old movie Psycho directed by Alfred Hitchcock.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.