People that don't have a medical degree shouldn't be allowed to be called doctor

What are you going to do PHD in?

1 Like

gets phd.
thanks mister doctor
:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I do get what OP is saying though.

You really cannot say Physician Howser. It sounds better if you say doctor. I’ve always found it funny that some lawyers have a JD. The prosecutor is a doctor but he’s going for the death penalty. Sounds like a quagmire.

I always wanted a doctorates in conspiracy theories, memelogy, and parapsychology. All pseudo-science I suppose lol.

2 Likes

I find some parapsychology fascinating, too. But yeah, it’s basically a pseudo science. And I say that with zero derogatory intentions, it’s just nearly impossible to catch evidence of things like ghosts and such.

People either believe in those things or they don’t.

3 Likes

Chiros do work sometimes.

They are too heavy on the selling though. And they are ALL like that. They leave things out.

Any legitimate doctor will tell you the process of treatment. Chiros hide things.

I ■■■■■■■ hate chiros
End rant

1 Like

When that movie Casper with Bill Pullman came out I was a young kid and I seriously thought of ending my life bc I thought being a ghost would be cool. But I was a kid so that thought lasted for five minutes then I went outside to build a snow fort.

Kids say the darndest things.

2 Likes

God, I was the worst.

And it’s like I didn’t lose it.

Clearly you know what I’m talking about cuz you follow my posts. Lol

1 Like

I dressed up as Casper the Friendly Ghost for Halloween once back in the 80’s when I was a kid.

1 Like

Scientific theory has officially stated that ghosts or paranormal activity is false and cannot be proven. However, there are those that do believe in the afterlife, souls and what not. So, therefore those in the scientific field need to respect that.

3 Likes

Ok not exactly on topic but I just want to say that “The one who got away “ from me is now a medical doctor (radiologist) and I am kicking myself for letting him slip through my fingers. Only in my dreams, I guess. Dr. and Mrs .Moonstruck?

2 Likes

This thread bit the dust five posts ago. Sorry @anon54386108

:joy:

3 Likes

You wouldn’t want to be married to a doctor. At least where I come from.

Think at least 2 marriages/doctor….

Maybe marry a doctor on his 2nd….

Idk…. Sounds like a head ache. I tend to stay away from people with ■■■■ I don’t have.

Jmo

1 Like

It’s karma or whatever.

I’ve derailed many threads.

I’ve got no problem with it.

3 Likes

@anon99082702 In my dreams he left his younger wife for me. I knew him in college. He met wife number 1 when she was in college and he was in medical school. I am delusional but I want her life! I see what you are saying though.

1 Like

I don’t see why people who have doctoral degrees shouldn’t be referred to as Dr. After all, at least in the U.S., their degree is “Doctor of …”

I think if you’re going to call yourself “doctor” you should be a medical doctor.

I understand there are lots of programs that end with you being called “doctor”,

Just think there should be a distinction between the listed in the OP and actual doctors.

1 Like

Typically the degree is indicated In formal professional communications, for example, “Dr. Name, degree” so there’s no ambiguity as to what type of doctor they are.

1 Like

Exactly. I believe in things like entities and energies. But I’m a little crazy. :crazy_face:

1 Like